Thursday, April 30, 2009

1 More Week!...

I know it's been a while so, here is an update! WARNING: Really long, and no pictures this time!

We have been having quite a busy Spring. Andy has been pouring a lot of cement. He has the patio in the backyard completely done, one more piece of the sidewalk and the curb in front of the hedges in the back, and then extending the front porch and making a sidewalk in the front yard and he will be finished... until he decides to tackle the driveway! He also has all the trenches dug for the sprinkler system... hopefully he will get all the pipes in this weekend so he can plant the grass Monday or Tuesday... with any luck!

While Andy has been slaving outside for me... I have been working inside in the nice, wonderful, amazing A?C! I finally hit the nesting period and did some "Spring Cleaning"! After the insulation was blown in, it left a lot of dust all over the house, so I had a LOT of cleaning to do. So, I borrowed my sister's vacuum (something I don't own having all wood floors), and went to work. I have all of the house done except our bedroom... I will be tackling that one tomorrow! I even broke down Monday and bought a new mop and some cleaner and floor shine! I haven't mopped the floors in over... hmmm, I really don't know how long it's been, maybe since November? Andy was actually the last one to mop the floors! I just haven't been up to it while I've been pregnant I guess! So, I mopped the bay window & the dining room because I wanted to try out this new floor shine I found... I love it! The next day I mopped the kitchen and Rachel's room. So I just have our room and the living room left... they are going to wait until after Andy is done with the sprinkler system so that the dirt doesn't just get tracked all over them!
I have also been getting everything ready for Rebecca to come! I got out all the baby clothes and supplies and washed them all! I buckled the carseat in to see if it would fit where I wanted it in the car (NOTE: PT Cruzers are a little crammed in the backseat for carseats when the front passengers are tall), then I was too lazy to pull it out, so It has been in the car for the past 2 weeks! Maybe I was wishful hoping that I would actually need it sooner?

Rachel has been a big help with everything we have been working on! She loves to play in the dirt and rocks while Andy is outside working, she loves to walk through all my dirt piles while I am sweeping, and she loves to play with all of the baby stuff I have pulled out! I asked her the other day if she was excited for Rebecca to come next week and she said, NO! The I asked her if she was excited for Grandma Jan to come and she said, Ya Ya Ya Ya! So, at least she will be here to entertain her when we bring Rebecca home since she will be a little left out. She is however excited that she gets to hold her, feed her, and change her diapers... at least that's what she thinks!

Well, the big day is only 1 week away! I get to go in at 6:30 in the morning, and they will start the c-section at 7:30! I am really excited, nervous, and anxious for her to be here!

5 comments:

Adria said...

YAY i'm so excited for you!! rachel is so beautiful i can only imagine rebecca looking the same way! good luck and i can't wait to hear all about it! muah!

Windsor World said...

Wow..I cannot believe it is time for her to come already, or that you hadn't mopped since november! :D Good luck with everything, can't wait to see pictures..

Anonymous said...

I am happy that the due date is just around the corner for you. I can't wait to see her. Love ya.

Anna & Nando said...

Good Luck!! Everything will be great!!!

Windsor World said...

Congrats...guess Rebecca didn't want to wait a week..just got a pic text of her...super cute! Can't wait to see her in person...! I wish you guys all the luck with your two beautiful girls.. !