Well, so much for all my plans that I had for yesterday! I guess Rebecca had other plans in mind! I came in to the OB yesterday to do my NST and ended up having a baby! When I got here at 9, I was having small contractions every 3 minutes and I was dialated to a 2. So, my nurse called Dr. Tran to see what he wanted to do and he said I was staying here to have my baby! So, I called Andy around 10 and told him the NEW plans... Dr. Tran called the OR and made arrangements and at 12:30, I was headed in for surgery! It was really weird feeling myself go numb this time. At 1:04 p.m. Rebecca Brianne made her entrance into the world! She came out with almost NO hair, but what she has is Strawberry Blonde! She weighs 7 lbs. 8 oz. (that's what I wighed when I was born!), and she is 19.5 inches long!
Aunt Angie got to give Rebecca her first bath! She also gave Rachel her first bath, so she thought that was pretty cool!





Rachel got to come see Rebecca through the window yesterday. She can't come in the hospital because of the Swine Flu :( She did really good though. She kept asking Andy "why can't I go in?" He told her because she wasn't big enough and she said, "But I'm bigger!" At least she didn't cry though. She is really excited for us to come home so she can hold her!







We are both doing great! I am recovering well from the surgery! I am trying to only take ibuprophen every 6 hours... hopefully I can stick with it, I don't want to take the perkaset because I became too dependent on it with Rachel. I got to get up and start walking around this morning, so they will let us go home tomorrow! So, thanks to our wonderful hospital supplying their guests with wireless internet... I had something to do while Rebecca was sleeping, and you all get to see the pictures of our new little cutie before tomorrow!
9 comments:
She is a cutie and glad that you both are doing fine. Can't wait to see you guys.
oh that picture made me so sad of rachel looking in through the window..that would break my heart! rebecca is beautiful, she looks a lot like rachel! maybe i'll come up one of these days before her blessing! beautiful family! love you miss you!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is soo precious!! I am way excited for you guys. You said you were going to go early. You must have known:) I am so glad she is finally here. I can't wait to meet her. Good luck with everything and I will come visit when you are all settled in. Poor Rachel. She is too cute. She is going to be a great big sister!!!
Congratulations!!! You look so happy in all those pictures! That is so awesome that Angie was able to be involved and take care of your new arrival. Very glad to hear everything is going well and that you both are healthy and cruising along! Take care!!
Congrats! she is a cutie! can't wait to see more pictures! poor little rachel...
Congrats Summers family..I'm glad to hear everything went well and that the hospital allowed you internet access to share beautiful pictures with us! Take care.. and good luck!
Congrats and the new baby girl! She's beautiful. Does she look like Rachel as a baby?
Congratulations!! Sounds like that nesting/Spring cleaning happened just in time! :) Glad to hear you are both doing well! She is super cute and I love her strawberry blond hair!!
Congrats! I can't wait to see her in July. Take good care of yourself too.
Post a Comment