Thursday, July 9, 2009

SuddenLINK... We're Connected!...

Well, we finally got internet this morning! I am so excited... now I have something to entertain me...other than unpacking!

Unpacking is going GREAT! I have been taking my time so that I can organize everything and make sure I remember where I put it all at! I have also been trying to take Rachel somewhere to play in the mornings while it's cool, so that she doesn't get sick of me... and unpacking!
These are a few of the boxes I have emptied... I have broke most of them down, I just haven't got around to these ones yet!
*******
On Monday we went to breakfast at McDonald's. They have an indoor playground (that is actually CLEAN)! There was a little 4 yr old girl there, and Rachel attached to her really quickly. She didn't want to leave, but after an hour I decided that she had played long enough and we needed to go start unpacking.
*******
Tuesday we went to the park that is only a mile from our house. We drove this time, but when we are all unpacked we plan on walking there a couple times a week! There weren't any other kids there, but Rachel had fun playing by herself! Maybe we will meet someone that lives near us that can walk there with us.
*******
Wednesday we went to the Unidad Park. My friend Judy told me that our ward has a playdate there on Wednesdays, so we went to check it out. She is back in AZ right now, so I didn't know anyone, but Rachel had a lot of fun playing with all the kids that will be in nursery and primary with her. This park was way better than the other one, I can see why there weren't any kids at the other one!
Rachel is actually on this one ^ , you just can't see her very well!
This is only part of the park. There are a lot more toys to play on, basketball things (they weren't hoops, I'll have to take a picture of them next time), sand boxes, and swings! We will definately be going there on Wednesdays!
*******
Today we have just been hanging out at the house. We had to stay home this morning so that they could come hook up the internet. Rachel is still in her jammies and says she wants to stay in them so she can sleep in them again tonight! Sounds good to me!
*******
So, these are a few of my FAVORITE things about this house!
Rachel's PLAYROOM! She LOVES having her own playroom, she stays in there for hours just entertaining herself! I love it!
My closet! It actually has enough room to hang all of our clothes... and you can actually stand in it!
The LAUNDRY ROOM! I don't have to walk outside anymore! Yay! I still have to put a few things away in there...
The Girls' closets! There is so much room in them. I have everything in there that was in the one little closet... plus the dresser... and there is still more room! I'm sure that will change as they get older and they start wanting more and more clothes, but for now... it's GREAT!
The HALLWAY CLOSET! I actually have somewhere to put extra bedding, games and extra stuff that never had a home before!
The GUEST CLOSET! Now when our guests come, they will be able to hang there clothes up and stay a while! There is even enough room in there to put ALL my food storage that used to be under the guest bed and on top of my kitchen cupboards!
*******
The kids have been really good through this whole move! Rebecca is pretty much unspoiled! Thanks to my mom and sisters, she wouldn't sit by herself the whole time we were packing... she quickly got over that once we were here and they weren't!
Rachel has been really good to entertain her sister... although I think the toy is entertaining Rachel more than it is Rebecca!
Rebecca is starting to like to lay under her toy and swat at the hanging bugs!
*******
So, other than this dang sinus infection that I somehow ended up with, we are doing GREAT! I love it here... which is still shocking to me! Love and miss you all LOTS!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are coming together in the house. glad that Rachel is enjoying the parks.

Margo said...

I still can't believe you moved! Even though I never saw you, I liked knowing you were in Pima!:) I am glad the adjustment was easy and you like it there!

Burdett Family said...

That playroom looks fun, good thing Rachel likes it. I really need one of those to entertain my kids. Don't worry I'll spoil Rebecca again next time I see her.

Adria said...

looks like everything is coming along good. cute house!

Michael + Rena said...

Don't you just love all that closet room! Hope yo enjoy your new place!

Rochelle said...

Glad to hear things are going good and your getting all unpacked! That's the worst part. Good luck with everything and hope you like your new ward.

Windsor World said...

Wow...seems like the Summers family is fitting right in with Texas..Y'all! I'm so happy that this is working out..what a great adventure for you all (there I go again!) we sure miss you, but love that you have the blog going so that I can see pictures of your beautiful little girls.... take care!