First I need to say that I had the BEST husband in the world and I am completely SPOILED!!!
Craigs List is my new favorite thing! I have been looking for different pieces of furniture for my hobbies, and in the past week I found 2 of them!
Last Sunday, we went on a little 90 mile drive up to Abilene to get me a PIANO!!! It is so beautiful! I'm not sure exactly how old it is, but the company was making pianos from around 1850-1920 or so. It is a William Schaaf. The keys are real IVORY, so they are a little stained and chipped, but it will be the perfect piano for me to learn to play on! A lady in our ward tunes pianos, so after next Wednesday, it will no longer sound horrible!
Isn't she BEAUTIFUL!!!
Yesterday, we went on a 10 minute drive to the other side of town and bought a Tall Cabinet! I have been wanting something like an armour to put all my scrapbook stuff in, and I found this cute cabinet instead! The lady was going to refinish it, so she had already done most of the stripping work for me, I don't have to do too much more since it will just be painted BLACK! I will show you the finished project when I am done with it!
It is about 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide! It is going to be PERFECT! All my stamp pads and accessories will fit in the top drawers, and all my Acrylic Stamps will fit in one of the bottom drawers, which leaves the other bottom drawer for my books and other accessories! (All my papers are in my cedar chest!) I am so excited to get this cabinet finished so I can start using it! I LOVE it!!!!
4 comments:
What wonderful finds!! I can't wait to see the finished project. Courtney was going to help me refinish my piano and the day before I broke my foot. So my AWESOME hubby did it for me and gave it to me for Christmas! I love it. That armour is beautiful. I'm jealous!!
Fun! That is what you meant this morning by doing your new little projects...I though you were making more pages.
I'm so jealous :) What awesome finds! I wish I had a piano. So cool! And that cabinet is going to gorgeous :)
don't you just love projects (at least the fun ones)
Post a Comment