Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Fun-Filled Month of May...

WOW! I think this is the longest I have ever gone without updating my blog. I seriously need to start taking more pictures so that I can update more often.

We had a GREAT month of May! Angie and her kids came to visit the first week of the month. It was really fun having them here. I loved not having to do any laundry, or wash dishes, or make my bed, or read to the kids... I had a little helper Sady that did most of it for me... and Angie of course! It was a fun visit!
Sady was so good with the kids... she told them all EXACTLY where to sit... and for the most part, they listened!

Rebecca is a walking machine! She is getting comfortable with walking so she is starting to go really fast, and she is learning that she isn't that great yet. She fell down and hit the kitchen chair on the way down and got her first shiner! It looked miserable, but she was still her happy little self!
You can't really see it in the first picture, so I had to put the blurry one on so that you could see how bruised it got.

We finally started making it to playgroup at the park again! Rebecca has fallen in love with the sand! She only eats a few bites each time!  
Notice the sand drool!
She also LOVES these little bouncy toys... this one is her FAVORITE... it's an elephant!

On the 19th, we headed down to AZ. We stopped in Las Cruises for the night.  When we got into Tucson on Thursday, we first went to Little Anthony's with Andy's Dad.
On the way to the resort we were staying at Rebecca was exhausted and fell asleep in the car, but she was NOT going to let go of the death grip she had on her balloon! 

For some reason this was the only picture I took in Arizona. I'm not sure why!
We had a lot of fun! The resort we were staying at had a pool with a water slide. Rachel went down it probably 10 times, and she LOVED it! When we got to Pima, we were able to go eat some yummy food at La Casita! It just made me miss the good AZ Mexican food even more! I had a fun time hanging out with my Sisters... and my brothers, and my parents! 
Sunday I was able to go to the Gila Valley Temple Dedication! It was an awesome experience! I wish I could have been one of the people that got to see it inside the temple! 
After the dedication we had to head home. Andy had to work Monday. It was a short trip, but it was nice to be able to see everyone!
Monday I went over to my friends house, and BOTH of the girls decided that it would be fun to throw-up on the carpet in her dining room. Apparently we picked up a bug in AZ, but luckily it was only a 24 hour thing!
Wednesday night, Andy came down with the bug, and Thursday morning, I got it. It was not fun to say the least!

Thursday was also Rachel's Preschool Graduation, so even though I wasn't feeling the greatest, we went to it!
She had such a fun year at preschool! She LOVES all of her teachers (the other kids moms) and all of her new friends! She is going to miss the ones that will be moving away this summer.
Waiting for their turn to get their hats and certificates!
Rachel getting her certificate! Isn't she a cutie! They were having a swimming party, so she was so excited to wear her swimsuit to school!
The whole group... well what I could get from my angle... I cut off a little of Ezra
Left to right: Ezra, Alejandro, Hunter, McKaden, Meili, Gregory, Beth & Rachel
Me and my little Graduate! 
I had to take a picture of these cuz they were so cute! One of the moms made these graduation hats... it's a chocolate doughnut with a chocolate covered cookie on top! Cutest idea ever!
The kiddos having fun in the swimming pool!


The Friday before Memorial Day, the pools opened, so we went to China Beach (the kiddie pool on base) with the Wallace's! Then on Memorial Day, April and I went to the pool with the kids while Jake and Andy worked on putting a wall back up at their house. After swimming we had a BBQ at the Wallace's and the Crandall's came over too! It was a FUN day and a great way to wrap up a FUN-FILLED month!

I hope you all are doing well, and I will try to update a little more for the month of June!!!  Love Ya'll!

6 comments:

JE said...

Sounds like a fun month! June is filled with two girl's camps for us and then another hiking trip in July. E will be busy!

Burdett Family said...

you are way to busy! lol

Regan said...

Hey, cute blog!

Andy and Michele said...

Way fun! Wasn't the dedication great? Sooo exciting to have a temple here! Those gradutation cookies are so cute, although when I first saw them I thought it was a hamburger on bottom with on bun on top! Glad you corrected me. :)

Anonymous said...

You are busy! Way cute cookies and I am glad that I got the chance to hang with you while you were here. Hope June slows down for you!

Clint and Tiffany said...

You got to see everyone, huh? Guess I had my eyes closed! :O) Sounds like a fun trip and you'll just have to come back and do a session sometime!