WOW!!! I can't believe my baby is big enough to be POTTY TRAINED!!! I don't know what happened to my baby, but she is all grown up!
Rebecca has been waking up dry from her naps and nighttime for a while now, so I decided whether I was ready or not, it was time for potty training! I started the potty training process on Wednesday, May 11th. I wasn't quite sure what I was doing, but I started with the timer method... after 3 accidents in less than an hour, I decided to give the 3 DAY POTTY TRAINING a try. I figured, "heck, if she's gonna pee anyway, I might as well try it!" So, I quit using the timer, and pretty much just watched her pee all day... Along with saying, "Let mommy know when you have to go potty, ok!", about a MILLION times a day... and "Remember to keep your panties dry!"... and "You're such a BIG girl with panties on!". Yeah, It got old quick, but I kept on saying it!
So this is the POTTY PRINCESS on her throne the first day of potty training! We ended the day with only 8 wet accidents... which isn't too bad I guess...
And this is her second day of potty training! Doesn't she look so grown up! For some reason, when I was saving Rachel's clothes, I didn't save her panties... probably because by the time she was potty trained and outgrew them, they looked nasty! So, Rebecca got to wear size 4T panties to potty train! I only had 3 of the padded panties because a friend had given them to me. The 3 Day Potty Training guide actually says to NOT use them anyway, because you need to see right when they start going! We improved on day two with only 7 wet accidents, and 1 poop! I felt bad for her when she pooped though, because she had been trying to get it out the past couple times on the potty, but it wouldn't come. As soon as it started coming out, she ran to the potty screaming!
And this is what happens when Rachel brings ALL (or what seemed like it) of her toys in the living room and you have to rush Rebecca to the bathroom because she is showing her "need to potty" signs. At least only the middle 1 is still sore, because all 3 middle ones hurt like crazy when I did it. I'm not even sure what I hit it on, but yeah, it hurt... and yes, I know my nail polish looks bad, but I have since re-polished them!
And here she is on Day 3! She didn't want me to take anymore pictures of her, so she was hiding! She did much better on day 3 with only FIVE wet accidents during the day! When Andy got home, we went into Casper to go to the Dirt Track Races. I had put a pull-up on her for the trip, and she did really good in it. She knew she had to go poop, and she kept telling me. I took her twice to the potty, but she was so afraid of falling in the potty (It was like a giant port-a-potty with multiple stalls) so she finally just went in her pull-up. She was so sad, because she knew she shouldn't have gone in it. Well, when we got home that night, she was dry in her 2nd pull-up!!! I wasn't sure if it was just because she didn't have to go, or because she knew she wasn't supposed to. I know that the 3 Day Potty Training says NOT to leave the house, but you gotta do what you gotta do! Pretty much when the day ended, I wasn't so sure what I thought of this method, until...
... DAY FOUR!!! Rebecca had 2 accidents before 9:00 Saturday morning. I was so sad... I was really hoping it would click over night or something. Well, that was her last 2 accidents! She did great the rest of the morning! When she woke up, we went back into Casper to get some groceries. She wore a pull-up again just in case... yeah, I know she shouldn't have, but I didn't want to deal with a wet car seat, and I still wasn't sure if it had "clicked' for her yet! Well, we were gone for about 3 hours, and she didn't have even 1 accident! She did GREAT!!! I bought her some DORA PANTIES while we were at Wal*Mart, and when I gave them to her when we got home she was SO EXCITED!!! I told her that she had to keep her panties dry because Dora didn't want to get wet, and she didn't have ANY accidents the rest of the day!
I even let her sleep in her panties last night... which was pretty big on my part... and she woke up DRY!!! I shouldn't have been surprised since it has been a month or so since she has peed at night, but I was!!!
She is doing AWESOME today!!! She hasn't had any accidents! I put a pull-up on her at church (more of my own insecurity) and she didn't go in it either!!! She went before I took her to nursery and didn't go again until we got home! I am so proud of my BIG GIRL!!! And I am even more proud to say, "WE HAVE A DIAPER FREE HOUSE!!!!!!!!"
I'm sure that she will still have some accidents, but HOPEFULLY not that many!!!
3 comments:
She's so big! Good job, Rebecca! And congrats on being diaper-free!!
Oh, I am so jealous! I'm so torn from just wanting to crack the whip and do it or waiting until he is really showing signs and ready. But reading that is swaying me . . . ahhhh! :) Great job Rachel!!
OOps, I meant Rebecca! Ha,ha!
Post a Comment