My little brother Troy joined the Navy in June, and now that he is done with Basic Training, he is stationed in South Carolina. So, my S-I-L Mandy drove his wife Alyssa and their two kids back east! On there way there, they stopped to see me! I was so excited because I finally got to see little Wyatt! He is 7 months old now, and the last time I saw Troy & Alyssa he was being stubborn and wouldn't come out while I was there. He waited until 30 hours after we left town... So, I am glad that I got to see him before he was 5 since they will be all over the place in the Navy now.
While they were here, I gave Mandy a hair cut! I was so excited to cut it, because cutting length off is what I LOVE!
Of course, we had to take before and after pictures...
And, of course, Mandy had to make silly faces!
Here is the after! I really love Mandy with short hair! I also love that she always thinks she wants to grow it out, because then I get to CHOP it off!!!
And here is the back!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!
*****
So, today at school, Rachel decided that her hair needed a make-over also. I have had many, many, many, many, many talks with her about who is allowed to cut her hair... she KNOWS that the answer to that question is "Mommy, and mommy only!" Well, apparently she forgot that answer while she was sitting at her desk in school today. I have been pulling her hair in front to the side with a braid or a pony and this morning, she fought me on it, so, she just had a big pony in back. Well, about an hour after picking her up from school, (in my defense 30 minutes of which were spent outside playing in the rain, and the other 30 minutes she was playing with her friends) she came up to me to tell me something, and I noticed this...
Yeah, she thinks she's a doll now, but she was quite upset when I noticed it. All I did was ask her why and how it happened, and she started bawling that she wanted to go home. I think she remembered the answer to the question of WHO is allowed to cut her hair! Finally she calmed down and told me that her hair was getting in her eyes and she didn't like it, so she cut it... In her defense, at least she was smart enough to just cut it to her eyes and not butcher it! So, I got to fix them tonight... and now she has some really cute bangs!... even though I didn't want her to have them!
She really is adorable with them! We'll see what her dad says when he gets home tonight... he already knows she cut them, just not how...
*****
And, little miss Becca had to take her picture too since I was taking them of Sis... She has turned into quite the little character. I am no longer allowed to call her "My Baby", "Sis", "Sissy", or "Sister". Every time I do, she yells at me and says, "No, I BECCA!" So, she is now Becca... or Rebecca... at least I can still call her that!
I asked her where Rebecca was, and she is pointing to herself... she is so STINKIN' cute... and yes, there is a HUGE emphasis on stinkin'!
Gotta love her though!
Well, we are enjoying being back in Texas! We are so thankful for the Clayson's for letting us crash at their place for a WHOLE month! It has been working out really well... or at least if we are driving them crazy, they haven't acted like it! The girls started calling them Grandma & Grandpa, and when they aren't here, they are constantly asking where they are. Rachel even has to give them hugs and kisses before she can leave for school! When their daughter Katrina moved out, she said they would throw a party... which we did! I am afraid though that when we move out, they will have to take a vacation!!!!!
3 comments:
Sheesh! That makes me SO nervous!!! We've had a LOT of those chats with Madi, yikes! Thank heavens that she at least left them long enough to fix. Madi trimmed a few pieces off once come to think of it... but luckily her hair is so curly that you couldn't even tell! LOL
I think that she looks cute with the bangs!! Thanks again for the hair cut!
I think that she looks good with bangs! but if you ever want to grow them out I think it will be a big pain. I dont want to give Zoey bangs until shes older like way older and tells me that that is what she wants. It was really good seeing you again and the girls are getting so big. I know Zoey had a good time with the girls. We love you guys!
Post a Comment