I signed up at the beginning of the year to be Rachel's "Room Parent". I had forgotten about it, because her teacher hasn't needed me for anything yet. When Christmas was getting closer, I saw the slip my friends daughter brought home and it reminded me that I was in charge of planning the Christmas party for Rachel's class. Well, I volunteered my dear friend Regan to help me plan the party and with instructions from Mrs. Steele that they do a "Stocking Stuffer" gift exchange, and as long as we had something "Healthy" we could do whatever we wanted, we planned the best party EVER!!!
Regan found a few cute things on that EVIL site previously mentioned, aka PINTEREST... and we ran with it. We soon had the makings for a really awesome Grinch party!
I started off my making this adorable Grinch! Rebecca was IN LOVE with him!
When we took him to the school to laminate him the other teachers in the teacher's lounge were very envious of the party we were planning!
We used him to play "Pin the Heart on the Grinch!"
*****
Here is our FOOD table! We had a couple of the moms help us and we had quite the collection of Green Grinch food!
One of the moms made these adorable Grinch cupcakes! I was SO excited when I saw them! All I had told her was that we were having a Grinch party and if she could make Grinchy/Green cupcakes that would be great! She went WAY above my expectations! They are made of molding chocolate that she piped into Grinch faces! SO CUTE!
Regan made these YUMMY Grinch cups! Lemon Lime Jello mixed with Cool Whip before it sets up makes the lighter layer rise as it hardens!
Myssy helped make all the food plates for the kids! See, we had HEALTHY fruit cups and cheese and crackers!
We kept the kids in their normal rotation groups for the party so they could all enjoy each thing we had planned with less chaos! One of the stations was eating all that yummy food!
The next station was playing Pin the Heart on the Grinch! Mrs. Steele did that station! We had her read the book "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" just before the party! It was cute to listen to her telling the kids they were going to give the Grinch a heart because his heart was two sizes too small! The kids LOVED it!
Since we were doing a 15 minute rotations, after the kids pinned the heart on the Grinch, they got to color in the packet of Grinch pictures we made for them!
The next station was Decorating the Whoville Christmas Tree!
This was my station! The kids got to frost a cookie, then frost a sugar cone and put it on the cookie. Once it was all frosted, they decorated it with M&Ms!!! They had so much fun!
Even Rebecca got to decorate one!
The last station was to make a Grinch mask! The kids had lots of fun coloring and cutting their masks out!
I was really pleased with the way the party turned out! Mrs. Steele (who has been teaching for at least 15 years) said that this was the BEST party she has ever had! She said from now on she will include in her instructions that there needs to be 3 or 4 activities other than food so that the kids aren't bored after they are done eating! I can't wait til the next party!



2 comments:
Hi there!! I was sent a link to this page by a mom that is helping with the kindergarten Christmas party we are planning! I love, love everything you did here !! What a wonderful and fun party!! I am a first time room mom and am struggling a little bit to come up with a game for the kids to play at one of the stations. I love the pin the heart on the grinch, but was wondering how you made that grinch?? I would love to do this but dont have a grinch....any help would be appreciated!!
Ali Riekhof
ariekhof@hotmail.com
Love this! Thank you for the wonderful idea. I'm planning a Grinch party for my Kindergarten class this year. :)
Post a Comment