So, we started our journey on Thursday the 31st of July! Andy got off of work at noon so we could get an early start! We left here at 12:30 (Arizona time) and got to Cedar City at 12:30 (Utah time)! For some reason we (I mean... I) always seem to get us going the wrong way in Flagstaff. So, being that it was dinner time, we stopped to eat and found the right way out of Flag! Hopefully one day I will get it right so that we don't keep adding an extra hour to our drive. Rachel surprizingly did really well being strapped (or should I say trapped) in her car seat. She only cried about 5 minutes, the rest of the time she played with her toys and watched Anistasia!
Driving Day 1!
Friday morning we went to Andy's Dad's house! We stayed in a hotel so that we wouldn't have to wake them up after midnight! We went on a short walk down the road to Grandpa's garden... Rachel loved the garden and the walk, but she didn't love the "stinky cows", well, the stinky fermented hay that was by the cows! We got back in the car for about an hour then we stopped for a picnic in Beaver. After the nice lunch we headed up to Logan! For some reason we also like to go about 15-30 mph thru Provo, SL, & Ogden. The last time we went thru there was at 2 in the morning in a snow storm... this time... rush hour! I swear those dang Utah Mormon's don't know how to drive! I'm sure they say the same thing when they come to AZ! LOL! We finally got to Logan at about 7 pm. We went over to the Graham's house for a pre-wedding BBQ! It was absolutely delicious... thanx Matt! Their yard was amazing... it was practically a park! Rachel loved playing with all the kids... The Graham's all loved Rachel, they have 5 or 6 Grandsons and NO granddaughters. I tried to convince them they could have Rachel... she is practically family with 2 of their sons married to her aunts!
Driving Day 2!
Playing with Grandma Wynne, Grandpa and Erick at the Graham's house!
Saturday was the wedding day... One month and 11 days short of five years after the last Summers - Graham Wedding! I got the privilage of doing lots of updos! I did Amanda's (the Matron of Honor), my Mother-in-Laws (the mother of the bride), and Rachel's (the flower girl)! I had a lot of fun doing them! I did Amanda's and Rachel's hair at the hotel we stayed at and then I did Mom's at the place they got married! The wedding was in the backyard of some really nice people! It was gorgeous! After it finally got started, Erick (Chubba, Amanda's little boy) was really tired of waiting to be the ring bearer... So, I put his pillow in Rachel's basket and she did both jobs! He made it part way, but stopped to play with the Mater truck he had! It was too cute! The cool part about the wedding was seeing my Father-in-Law in a KILT! Matt has a Scottish heritage and Amber wanted to do a Scottish wedding, so all the men wore kilts! It was pretty cool, and Dad looked Snazzy!
Amanda's Updo!
Rachel's Updo! She always loves getting pretty... that is when I give her free reign of the sink!
Rachel stayed busy waiting for the wedding going in and out of the house!
Vinette doing Amber's hair! The Groom... Matt!
Mom's Updo!
The Father of the Bride!
The Mother of the Bride!
The Line-up!
The Walk... notice Erick on the ground! He was so sick of waiting!
Awwwwwwe! The I do's!
Sorry for all the pictures... she just looked so stinkin' cute in this dress, I couldn't quit taking pictures of her!
For some reason Rachel was sick of pictures and wouldn't stand by her aunties!
All of us with Dad!
All of us with Mom... except the escapee... he was sick of pictures!
Sunday morning, we headed back to Dad's house in Cedar City! Rachel did really good on the drive again! She only cried for about 10 minutes when she was trying to wake up from her nap but wasn't ready to. At Dad's they showed us around the college! Both Dad and Wynne work at SUU! Wynne has a cool office up stairs from Dad... her office has not 1 but 2 windows... something that comes with working really hard and having a PHD! At least that's what Dad says...
Vinette taught Rachel how to roll down the hill at SUU!
She loved riding on Grandpa's shoulders!
The little trooper at Cedar Breaks!
Anthony & Vinette. Andy, Dad and Rachel!
She was so tired she started to fall asleep!
We had to let her down to wake up... she had so much fun at Cedar Breaks!
After seeing the sights of Cedar City on Monday, Wynne cooked us a really yummy dinner, and we headed towards home... if you want to call it that! We decided to drive 3 hours to get 1 hour closer to home! Andy and Anthony really wanted to go to Vegas! So, we found some $50 rooms at the Stratosphere and headed to Vegas! It was really neat and Rachel loved it! I guess that Vegas isn't as fun anymore since you don't get to put quarters in the slots and have the change pour out at the bottom anymore... those dang casino owners know how to make you play your winnings. I played 8 bucks and didn't win a dime! It was as fun as going to the movie though!
Me and Rachel... we got in trouble for stopping with her on the floor... oops!
Andy... he won 25 bucks, but with these new machines he played it all:(
Rachel LOVED the breakfast!
She also LOVED the ride home! Yippee!
Well, we got up early this morning... Rachel needed more milk and since there wasn't a fridge in our room Andy had to go down stairs to the McD's and get her some... all they had was chocolate... i hope she doesn't come to expect that! We ate a really yummy breakfast at the hotels buffet and headed home. With 9 hours to go... we got an early start! We tried to stop the least amount of times we could... we were ready to be home! At 6 o'clock we made it! Home sweet Home! I love coming home! I was so proud of Rachel on this trip... she only cried for a total of maybe 20 minutes! She is a tough one... I wanted to cry more than that! It was a fun trip... thanks for all the fun times!
1 comment:
The hair styles look great. It sounds like you all had a great time. I wish I was some place cooler than here. Hope to see you guys soon.
Love Ya!!
Post a Comment