Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chocolate Milk!...

I know it's probably not the most healthy thing in the world, but chocolate milk is now the best thing in the world! Somehow Rachel got addicted to chocolate milk and I could hardly get her to drink regular milk in the morning. So, after having her not wet the bed for 6 days, and then wetting it the next 2 days, I came up with a plan! I told her that if she pees in her pull-up, then she has to drink regular milk. So, that night she didn't pee, but the next night she did... man was she mad when I wouldn't give in and give her chocolate milk! So, after that one day of not getting chocolate milk, she hasn't peed since! She has decided that she is really a big girl and that she doesn't need to wear a pull-up to bed anymore either! So, the past two nights she has slept with just panties on! I hope this is really it and she is done wetting the bed! I'm knocking on wood!
Now if only I could figure out a way to get her to keep her earings in while she sleeps... that is without spending 53 bucks on screw-back earings from Clonts! Last night, about an hour after I put her in bed, she was saying "Mommy I need you". So, I go in and check on her. She says, "I can't get the black out of my bugers". "What?" "The black." "What's a black?" "My earing back!" "Oh My!" So as I'm about to stick a bobby-pin in her nose to get it out, I decide, wait, lets find her earings, and If I can't find both backs, then we'll do bobby-pin surgery! So, luckily I found both earings and both backs! Yeah... no surgery! So, Andy decided that we are taking her earings out at night! Hopefully it's just a stage she is going through. I think she is obsessed with her ears, everytime she takes out her earings she plays with her ears and says "There so soft!".

I guess I am still being a picture slacker, so here are some pictures from Carly's birthday party that we ended up having at my house because of the rain. What do you do with 16 3-year-olds for an hour and a half?... Let them destroy Rachel's room, jump on the bed, blow bubbles while they listen to kid songs, buy a 99 cent Pin the Tail on the Donkey, open presents, and eat cake on a table cloth on the floor! It was a lot of fun... Maybe I'm ready to have a party for Rachel with kids instead of just family! LOL! We'll see! Have a good one!

7 comments:

Michael + Rena said...

yeah for chocolate milk!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully she is done!!! Sorry I missed the party. Looks like you guys had fun!

Windsor World said...

I've done some bragging with Chocolate Milk!! It's funny how much it will work! I totally think you would be able to handle a bday party for Rachel.. I love the pic with all the kids (the very first one), all I can focus on is the look on Rachel face..she doesn't look to pleased to have her room being invaded!!

Talbot, Nila, Zane, Talon, Archer, and Blade said...

So Emma...instead of using Chocolate syrup, use ovaltine. It is a lot healthier and it tastes the same to my kiddos...By the way my kiddos would have loved that party!!

Andy and Michele said...

16 kids! You're crazy! I'm glad the chocolate milk thing worked. It's so funny what kids will and won't do for what they want!

Clint and Tiffany said...

I'm SO jealous! Madison is still peeing every night. GRRRRR! One stage at a time... Hey, I decided to tag you, see my blog! Have fun!

Burdett Family said...

boy I would love to put those pictures on my blog if only someone would give them to me.