Friday, May 22, 2009

3 Weeks Already...

Wow, where does the time go? I can't believe Rebecca is already 3 weeks old! She is getting so big already. She is getting cute little chubby cheeks! I might have a chubby baby after all! She is doing really good sleeping at night. She wakes up between 12 and 1 and between 4 and 5, she eats, I change her diaper and she goes right back to sleep! I have been really blessed with babies that do good at night! She gets the hick-ups almost every time I feed her. She absolutely hates them. She has started liking her sponge baths (she is a little attached to her umbelacle cord I guess, and it just doesn't want to come off yet), she just hates getting lotioned up! She is also addicted to her "passisier" as Rachel calls it! She loves to be held... she has been a little spoiled with all the visiters we have had, so now she doesn't like to be put down. Her bump on her head FINALLY went away this week, so now she has a perfectly round little head! She has also managed to wrap her Daddy around her little finger already... not that it took long at all (He never had a chance with either of the girls!)

I love her big blue eyes!

She was afraid Aunt Mandy would take her pacifier from her!

Great Aunt Kelly came to visit from Oregon too!

She loves to lay on her boppy pillow on the floor!
*******
Rachel is still being a good big sister! She is wanting to try and pick Rebecca up on her own now, but that won't be happening for a long time! I love having a little helper that likes to get everything for me to help with her sister! Grandma Jan and Aunt Amber came to visit, and she had so much fun with them when they were here! Grandma taught Rachel the "Playmate" song, and she has been singing it ever since Grandma left! I found it on-line, I turn it on for her, and she listens to it over and over and over! Rachel got her hair trimmed yesterday! I cut off 2 inches, it was a little hard to do without Elaine holding her head straight, so I don't think it's perfectly straight, but oh well! She loves to tell everyone that I trimmed her hair... it's really not that noticeable otherwise!
Rachel loves bringing her couch into the livingroom and having her sister watch movies with her!
Cookin' with Grandma Jan!
She loves to pose for the camera... when she wants to!
*******
Andy is still working at Hatch! Thankfully they were on the list with the 700+ dealerships that are going to lose their Chrysler franchise! He also got on the Pima Fire Department. He has been on for about a month now and loves it! He loves being able to go help people in need. He wants to take the EMT and Fire Science classes at EAC so that he will be able to do more on the calls! I am glad that he found him something to do with a bunch of GUYS, so that he doesn't go crazy at home with his 3 girls! He is still working on the backyard! He has 2/3 of the sprinkler system in! We decided we should stain the cement before we plant the grass because it has to dry for 3 days. So we started the process, but we had to stop because after 2 months of no rain, it decided to rain again... just because we needed it not to! Well, I guess it will get done as soon as it dries up! It is getting a little late to start the grass thoug, so maybe I will get my way and we will just pay more and get sod... at least I can have wishfull thinking!
My AMAZING husband and my cute little girl!
*******
I am enjoying being a mother of 2! I love both my girls so much... it is amazing how much you can love your kids! I am healing great from my C-Section! I still have a few strips of the tape on my incision... they are really annoying, itchy, and stink, but I have to let them fall off on their own... oh well, I guess that's better than having it come open! I have been enjoying all the company and help from all of our family and friends! Thank you to everyone! We love you all!

3 comments:

Adria said...

rachel is so beautiful, and that hair, sigh, so jealous!!! so glad everyone is doing well! can't wait to see you next month! we will come up saturday and just stay the night in a hotel. much easier then having to leave here at 4 or 5am to get there on time!!

Michael + Rena said...

She's a CUTIE. Hope to see you at Anna's wedding...I hope, I hope, I hope!

Windsor World said...

wow already 3 weeks..next thing you know she will be starting kindergarten..seriously it goes that fast! She is super cute..can't wait to see you guys on the 28th for the blessing (if not sooner!)