We have been having lots of fun here in Texas! I have been working on a few different projects, some more fun than others! I decided I was going to paint the crib and changing table white... I don't know how well it is going to turn out though, so I will post pictures od it when they are done.
********
********
I finally started to hang some stuff on the walls... I'm not sure why I was waiting! So, I rounded up some frames, printed off some pictures, and went to work! I layed them out on the floor first to decide how I wanted them... then I had this brilliant idea to trace them on cardboard so I could mark where the hangers were! My plan worked great... after nailing the cardboard to the wall I only had to move 1 picture! Now I just need to paint the white and silver frames black!

You can't see the outlines very well in the picture, but it worked great! After I put all the nails where they went, the cardboard just pulled right off! Andy though I was crazy... well, we all know I really am!
The Masterpiece!
********
Then I decided that I was going to paint the girl's room pink! Our landlady is really nice and told us we could do whatever we wanted to the house (I don't think she knew what she was saying! LOL!). So I was going to just paint over the nasty popcorn ceilings, but when I touched it it just came off... what to do?... scrape it off! Yay! I got rid of the nasty ceiling and now it just looks like it was textured! So now the ceiling is white, and I get to start on the pink this afternoon!
Before...
The new white ceiling!
********
Grandpa Summers bought the girls these cute shirts when he came down in June and this is the first time they wore them... Rachel likes to pick what she wears, and I finally convinced her to wear it to the park today! So here are the cut lol' t-birds and we are headed to the park for our wards playdate!
5 comments:
So the projects start!!! Good luck!! seems like life is going good for you all in Texas! I;m glad!
That is a lot of popcorn crap and you spelt of wrong at the beginning it says ob and all the times you make fun of me for spelling wrong. And either you took a crooked picture or your pictures are crooked
I am glad that you are having a great time in TX. I think that the pictures look great. Have fun finishing all the projects.
I'm jealous you got rid of your popcorn ceiling! Half my house still has them, and I hate it! Someday i'll get them scraped! Have fun with all your projects!
Wow, you've been busy! Looks good. The girls are adorable! Rachel has such beautiful hair. Good luck with all those boys when she's older!
Post a Comment