Sunday, July 26, 2009

Another FUN Week in TEXAS!!!...

The FUN continues here in TEXAS for the Summers family! (Warning: LOTS of pictures... but not as much as I had before my computer decided to delete half of my post!)

It all started on Wednesday! Andy called me to tell me to go out and take some pictures of this storm that was coming in! That was at about 1:35 and by 2:00... it was pouring! They say that it NEVER rains here! Now, all I have to say about that is that either all the rain we have been getting is REALLY strange or the people here have never lived in AZ and don't know what it means for it to NEVER rain!

1:39

1:40

1:45
1:50
2:10

What was I doing when Andy called me... PAINTING! I finally finished the Girls' room!
Rachel was such a BIG helper!

After using every last drop of PINK paint... and then doing the white trim...

The Girl's room is now PINK!!!!! It only took me 3 days!!! YAY, now all we need is Rachel's bed that will be here on Tuesday... and for me to finish the crib and changing table!
*****
On Thursday, after I finished the girls room, I got some black paint and finished up some other projects!

These Candlesticks used to be a gross brown color... they look way better Black!

I also painted the 3 square frames on the top right, and the 2 on the bottom right! I think the arrangement looks way better now!
*****
Friday, I went to WalMart to get ready to our trip and while I was there I picked up my site-to-store order! I have been wanting to get a Bumbo Chair for Rachel, but every time I went to get one, they didn't have PINK, so when I ordered Rachel's bed, I ordered a pink BUMBO for Rebecca! She LOVES it and Rachel loves being able to play with her sister sitting up!
The PINK Bumbo Chair!!!!!!!!
After Andy got home from work Friday, we got in the car and headed to San Antonio!
*****
Where is it we were going you ask? To a place where you can see Clydesdales, Dolphins & Whales AND go on Roller Coaster Rides!


*****SEA WORLD*****


Yep... We went to Sea World! We had a BLAST! Rachel was in LOVE with the Dolphins and Shamu!
Rachel LOVED her puppy leash! She ended up naming in Lollipop!
BUD the Clydesdale!
Rachel would have stayed at the Dolphin Pool ALL day!
Waiting for the gate to open so we could go see Shamu!
Still waiting for Shamu...

Rachel's eyes were GLUED to the whales! I think she would have really liked it if we were in the SOAK ZONE!!!! Maybe next time... I was going to put the video of all the people getting soaked on, but for some reason it wouldn't upload :(

This is us waiting for the Shamu Roller Coaster and then us waiting for the ride to start! Rachel absolutely LOVED it! She had the cutest smile in the picture they took for us... I had to buy it, it was her 1st roller coaster ride ever!!!!

They had a little water play area for kids, and since Rebecca couldn't really do anything, we decided that it would have to do for this trip and maybe next time we would just wear swimming suits and do all the water rides! (I think we'll be here a LOT since it's only 3 hours away... and we got 2 year passes!)

So, after we were done at Sea World, we decided to go to see the ALAMO!!! It was really cool, the only problem was that there was a HUGE line to get in, and the Girls had had it! So, we wondered around the gardens and went to the River Center to see this mall that had a River running right through the middle of it! You could even go on a boat ride... something else we will have to do next time!
The ALAMO!!!
We also tried out a new restaurant (for us anyway) TGI Friday's! It was good, but we decided that we like Chili's a LOT better!

Before we headed home this morning, we drove by the San Antonio Temple! It was gorgeous, but being Sunday it was all locked up so we couldn't get out and walk around the grounds... it was a bummer, but at least we found where it was so next time we can actually go do a session!
*****
Andy has been dying to use his lawn mower that he bought a few months ago... the only problem was that we didn't have any GRASS! Well, we still don't have grass, but we have what used to be grass and is now over run with WEEDS! So, Andy got out his lawn mower and mowed the weeds! He had fun, but now we need to throw down some seed so that we can have some grass!
So, that was our FUN filled weekend! Stay tuned for more FUN from TEXAS!!!!!

7 comments:

Taryn said...

Sounds like you are making yourself right at home! Thats cool though, itd be hard picking up and leaving like that.

Windsor World said...

Cute pics and even cutier adventures..but I do have to say out of all it, I'm most shocked that you have never eaten at a TGIF!!! that is my absoute favorite!! We must have different taste cause Chilli is my least favorite! :) Cool that you got a 2 year pass at Sea world...looks like you guys are adjusting great!!!

Adria said...

two year passes? that's is crazy and fun!! is the alamo that place from pee wee herman? how fun to be in a state that has so many fun places to visit!

Burdett Family said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Rachel sure liked that water uh.

Troy & Alyssa Packer said...

You guys look so happy. I cant wait to see you guys, its been way to long. Im glad you guys were able to spend some time together. Your little girls look so beautiful and are both growing up so big. We love you!

Reeds said...

Well I'm glad you aren't bored in Texas, sounds like you are keeping very busy! I am just starting to realize how much you like PINK! It's a good thing you have two girls!

Talbot, Nila, Zane, Talon, Archer, and Blade said...

Love all the pink and glad it is you not me. Even if I do have a girl someday, I am thinking purple not pink....It looks good and I am glad that you are having such a blast...