Well, after packing the whole house up in a little more than a week, we decided to take some time to say "Goodbye". So, we had a little swim party at the Sullivan's house! We had a lot of fun swimming and chatting. Here are some pictures of all the wonderful people we are going to miss!
Rebecca and Corryn... can you believe Corryn is 2 months older than Rebecca!
Rachel and her BEST FRIEND Madi! She sure is going to miss this girl!
*******
*******
All the fun packing before the party... You can see who did all the work, and she's not in the picture!
The last few things to go in the U-Haul... before Andy's shop stuff!
*******
Here are a few pictures we took right before we headed out. And the U-Haul was finally all packed.*******
So, we left at about 11:30 yesterday! Well, we only made it about half way before I broke the car... yep, I broke it. Well, it wasn't exactly my fault. I was drivin' along thru New Mexico, minding my own business when the car in front of me decided to run over a tire... well, it landed right where I couldn't dodge it without wrecking the car, so I had no choice but to run over it. At least we were ok. Well, it wasn't until just past El Paso, Texas (about 4 hours later) that we realized there was something wrong with the car... Appearantly, when I ran over the tire, it poked a hole in the radiator, and it just took 4 hours for it to decide it didn't like me anymore, and the engine got hot. So, Andy put half a case of water bottles in it... that got us about 10 miles down the road, then he put the other half of the case in and that got us another 10 miles to a gas station. So, Andy un-packed all the junk from the Tahoe, and put it in the PT Cruiser. Then we headed down the road another hour or so and decided we better stop for the night. 
Lucky Andy...
The girls waiting patiently to switch cars!
All the empty water bottles... good thing I thought to buy 2 cases instead of just 1!
*******
So, this morning we got back on the road... 4 1/2 hours later, we made it to San Angelo! We decided to check in to a hotel for the night so we didn't have to get the beds all set up. Andy went in for an orientation at work, so me and the girls hung out at the hotel for a couple hours! We were SOOOOOOOO excited to be out of the car!
Rachel CRASHED!!!...
Rebecca STRETCHED!!!
*******
After Andy got back from work, he decided to unload the U-Haul! It only took him about 4 hours, but at least we have a head start on trying to arrange things tomorrow!
Andy was such a hard worker...
So was Rachel...
...for a little while anyway!...
Rebecca on the other hand... she had the toughest job of all!
...Is now HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Horray! We are done... ok, so we are nowhere near done, but at least everything is in the house now! I have a feeling I am going to like the unpacking as much as I liked the packing... wait, I didn't like the packing!
Well, now that you have all read my BOOK, I hope you all are doing GREAT! We will miss you all, so feel free to call, text, e-mail, or come visit whenever you want! (we are keeping the same numbers for a while)
7 comments:
We'll miss you Emma! I hope you like your new town and house etc. Put some pictures of the house up so we can see where you'll be living!
well Im glad you finally made it.That sucks that you put a hole in the radiator. at least you have a husband that is a mechanic. I hope you really enjoy it in San Angelo. I am pretty excited for my move. a little nervous but excited. keep posting.
You sure got that right about the book.
Have fun with the unpacking! I think I like unpacking just a little more than packing...but like you...not a fan. Hope you enjoy your new location!
Hey, Sis and Family... I see you made it there safe and sound. I think you will have a lot more fun unpacking because you get to decorate and fill a new house. I miss you already. I will have to cme visit as soon as I can, maybe in Aug. Give the girls a Kiss for me and tell Andy hello. Love You All! Angie
Glad to see that you made it safely there. I agree with Angie, I think the unpacking is a bit more fun. I hope that you meet lots of new people and that you have a great time in your new location. Love you all.
Wow. What a trip, eh? I'm glad you made it in one piece! Madi already misses Rachel! She has asked if she can go play with her and gets so sad when I tell her that she can't anymore. :0( I'm gonna laugh if you have an accent when you come to visit! Keep us posted and I'll do the same! Love ya!
Post a Comment