Friday was a fun day for our family! We started out with our tradition of Pete's Fish n' Chips! We walked there from Uncle Dale's house since it is only a block away! I don't know how it became a tradition, but everyone (but me) LOVES Pete's! I am not so much a big fan of fish, so I always get a hamburger!

Then we spent the afternoon at the Temple! Angie did all of Holly's work! My mom also had a lot of family names to take through. We started out doing baptisms! I hadn't done them in a long time, it was a really nice experience to see my Dad baptize Angie for Holly! Then we went and did Initiatories for all the names we baptized! Mom and Dad went back and did sealings for some other names she had found!
That night after Amy and Aunt Eva got there with the girls, we took all the kids to Chuck-E. Cheese! They had so much fun playing all the games!


Rachel really liked playing on the jungle gym!


... and riding on all the rides! Especially with Kimmy!
t
This one was broken, but she wanted to sit in it anyway!

She was pretty good at shooting the water!

She wasn't a huge fan of the moving jeep! She thought she was going to fall out of it!

Then Chuck-E came out and Rachel wouldn't take a picture with him, so this is me trying to convince her he was nice!... Didn't work BTW!

Kimmy, however, LOVED him!


So did everyone else!


So instead, Rachel and Papa got to BE Chuck-E!
After Chuck-E. Cheese we went to pick up Andy from the airport! It only took us a few tries to find the airport! I have never had a hard time getting there... usually it's just getting out that gets me! Well, Angie was driving, and she was following the signs to the airport, and after we exited once for it, we noticed some fireworks, so I told Rachel, Kate, and Sady to keep watching them because it was Andy telling us where he was! Well, that wasn't such a good idea, because apparently Angie believed me too and she missed the exit for the airport! So, after we found our way back to somewhere we were familiar with, Andy called and asked what was taking so long! With his help, we finally found the right road... well, there was construction and that road to the airport was closed... so we followed the detour and finally made it to him! YEAH!!!!!
The next day we were supposed to be going to the Temple for Alyssa to get her endowments, and for Angie to finish taking Holly's name through... well, Andy decided that he was going to do some laundry so that I wouldn't have to do it all when I got back home (thanks babe!) and he didn't take his wallet out... so he didn't have a legible recommend! It actually worked out ok, because we were able to take the girls to the Visitor's Center to see the statue of Christ! Rachel was really excited to go, but she really wanted to go to the BIG temple with me!

Rachel said she was cold, so she brought her blanket with her... she found out she really wasn't cold very quickly!

Andy, Rebecca, Rachel, Sady, Kate, and Kimmy in front of Christ... I tried to get a family picture, but that is when my camera died! I knew I should have charged it before we left Elaine's house!

That afternoon, Troy, Alyssa and Zoey got sealed and then we all headed home to Pima! (I stole these pics from Alyssa's blog!)
We took a slight detour to the Superstition Mall so that Andy could get the tires fixed on Angie's car. Rachel and Sady got to ride the Carousel so the were excited to stop!

Sunday Troy blessed Zoey! It was a beautiful blessing! After the blessing we went to Alyssa's parent's house for dinner (It was absolutely delicious!) then we headed back to Texas!
We had a great visit with the family in Arizona!
Then we spent the afternoon at the Temple! Angie did all of Holly's work! My mom also had a lot of family names to take through. We started out doing baptisms! I hadn't done them in a long time, it was a really nice experience to see my Dad baptize Angie for Holly! Then we went and did Initiatories for all the names we baptized! Mom and Dad went back and did sealings for some other names she had found!
That night after Amy and Aunt Eva got there with the girls, we took all the kids to Chuck-E. Cheese! They had so much fun playing all the games!
Rachel really liked playing on the jungle gym!
... and riding on all the rides! Especially with Kimmy!
t
This one was broken, but she wanted to sit in it anyway!
She was pretty good at shooting the water!
She wasn't a huge fan of the moving jeep! She thought she was going to fall out of it!
Then Chuck-E came out and Rachel wouldn't take a picture with him, so this is me trying to convince her he was nice!... Didn't work BTW!
Kimmy, however, LOVED him!
So did everyone else!
So instead, Rachel and Papa got to BE Chuck-E!
After Chuck-E. Cheese we went to pick up Andy from the airport! It only took us a few tries to find the airport! I have never had a hard time getting there... usually it's just getting out that gets me! Well, Angie was driving, and she was following the signs to the airport, and after we exited once for it, we noticed some fireworks, so I told Rachel, Kate, and Sady to keep watching them because it was Andy telling us where he was! Well, that wasn't such a good idea, because apparently Angie believed me too and she missed the exit for the airport! So, after we found our way back to somewhere we were familiar with, Andy called and asked what was taking so long! With his help, we finally found the right road... well, there was construction and that road to the airport was closed... so we followed the detour and finally made it to him! YEAH!!!!!
The next day we were supposed to be going to the Temple for Alyssa to get her endowments, and for Angie to finish taking Holly's name through... well, Andy decided that he was going to do some laundry so that I wouldn't have to do it all when I got back home (thanks babe!) and he didn't take his wallet out... so he didn't have a legible recommend! It actually worked out ok, because we were able to take the girls to the Visitor's Center to see the statue of Christ! Rachel was really excited to go, but she really wanted to go to the BIG temple with me!
Rachel said she was cold, so she brought her blanket with her... she found out she really wasn't cold very quickly!
Andy, Rebecca, Rachel, Sady, Kate, and Kimmy in front of Christ... I tried to get a family picture, but that is when my camera died! I knew I should have charged it before we left Elaine's house!
That afternoon, Troy, Alyssa and Zoey got sealed and then we all headed home to Pima! (I stole these pics from Alyssa's blog!)
We took a slight detour to the Superstition Mall so that Andy could get the tires fixed on Angie's car. Rachel and Sady got to ride the Carousel so the were excited to stop!
Sunday Troy blessed Zoey! It was a beautiful blessing! After the blessing we went to Alyssa's parent's house for dinner (It was absolutely delicious!) then we headed back to Texas!
We had a great visit with the family in Arizona!
3 comments:
I love the pictures of Rachel acting like Chuck-E and Dad looks kinda goofy. I had a wonderful weekend and I am glad that you were able to be there it ment alot to us. We love you guys!!!
wow, busy, busy, busy! What a fun and exciting weekend though. That's awesome about Troy and Alyssa!
You guys had a very busy trip in AZ. I bet it's weird to say that you are visiting AZ.
Post a Comment