Andy and Rebecca... the little one that is ALWAYS up at 4:30 in the morning!
The view from Andy's Hunting tower!
*****
We have had quite the sick week at our house. Monday we all went to bed happy and chipper and Tuesday morning I woke up with the Flu... only I didn't know it was the flu. I had a sore throat, stuffy nose, and I felt like I had been ran over by a train. Well, it was my turn to teach Joy School, and I had to take Rebecca to the Doctor for her 6 MONTH shots. So, Missy was coming to watch the kiddos while I took Rebecca to the Doc. Well, the appointment went really fast until it was time for the shots, I don't know why it took them 30 MINUTES to come back with them! Rebecca is getting so big! She weighs 15 pounds and is 25 1/2 inches long. She is doing everything on the list that a 7 month old is supposed to do, and her gums are swollen on the bottom... I am not looking forward to that! By the time I got back home I was really achy, and Missy was finished with the lesson, so she stayed for playtime! Well, Rebecca did really good with her shots (no fever), and I continued to get worse (still no clue that I had the FLU). Wednesday was Pack Meeting... which added more fun to the week... hahaha! Thursday I was feeling better, (just a little conjested) so, I taught Joy School again. We really have a GREAT group of kids so it went good! Friday... Rebecca woke up with fever (I thought it was from her tooth), so we went to UFO at the church. By the time I got home, both the girls had a fever. So, I spent ALL day rotating which girl I was holding and which medicine I was giving them. Rachel was keeping her fever down pretty good, but Rebecca kept getting up there... 101.4 so, I called the Doc and they said that as long as she stays under 102 to stay home. So, we put the girls to bed knowing that in the middle of the night we would be headed to the ER. Sure enough, at 1:00, Rebecca's fever spiked to 102.9. So, we headed in. The Doctor was really nice. He tested her for Strep, Flu and RSV. She came back positive for Flu. So, he prescribed both of them Tamiflu. I am so thankful that he would give it to Rachel without having her as a patient, because she HATES Doctors! So, after another morning of rotating meds and giving the tamiflu, their fevers finally stayed under 100, so I didn't give them anymore Tylenol or Ibuprofen in the evening. Their fevers stayed away all night and today they are doing much better! Now it's my biggest babies turn for the Flu... he is actually doing pretty good with it considering! At least it hit all of us before the holidays and now we can have a GREAT Thanksgiving!
Rachel camped out on the couch the past 2 days (and nights) watching movies (mostly Robbin Hood)! She calls it her couch bed! I have a feeling it is going to be hard getting her back in her REAL bed!
Rebecca slept in her swing and on our floor! She is trying really hard to be a good sport. It really hurts her not to smile! She has lost her voice, so she can't growl at her daddy anymore and it is making him sad.
Well. I am sorry to those I came in contact with... I hope none of you get the nasty flu... hey, at least there was NO throwing up!
3 comments:
Oh gosh! Sorry he didn't get any deer :( Rich wants to go out but doesn't know when he is going to get the chance.
Hope everyone starts to feel better very soon. No fun, that flu!
Riley actually woke a little warm this morning and I can't take his temp because My thermomiter broke. Hopefully the ib will make it go away. Glad you guys are feeling better,
I'm glad you guys are feeling better! And I completely agree-at least there was no throwing up-that is the worst!
Post a Comment