My wonderful frriend took our pictures for us last Sunday. They turned out really good! I had to do some editing to them, I wanted to try out the blurred background, and I think it turned out ok. Most of you have seen these, and if you haven't... its on the way!

Our FAMILY!

My cute girlies!
********
I decided the we were going to make gingerbread houses this year from scratch... only with graham crackers. I was going to make some gingerbread cookies to make trees out of, but I can't seem to find my recipe, and I can't remember who I got the recipe from, so I didn't get around to making any. Rachel helped me put together all the crackers to make the house frames, we did them all different, and she assigned us the one that was ours.


I'm not sure what is with her facial expressions, but I can't seem to get her to take a picture these days without doing something silly!

Yep... this glue is pretty sturdy...

Andy's, Rachel's and Mine... the fronts!

Mine, Rachel's and Andy's... the backs!

Rachel was having a blast decorating her house...

I even got Andy to decorate one (kinda), even though he had a "headache"... Rebecca got to help him...

And then he ran out of GREEN frosting (it was supposed to be for the gingerbread trees that I didn't make)...

it soon turned into a war zone... with Rachel's help...

then she didn't want to decorate hers anymore...

i think she was having too much fun eating the candy...

a mouth full of candy...

she even filled up her chimney... since Daddy ended up filling his house with candy!

Andy's end project!

MY finished project...

The back side!
Well, I learned a couple things from this project...
1: the egg white powdered sugar glue is GREAT for the house structure... but regular frosting would work better for sticking the candy on... it doesn't hold as strong, but that way you can actually get the candy off to eat it! I think most of our candy ended up in the garbage because we couldn't get it off the house!
2: don't allow the grumpy bear to attack his house until AFTER the kids are done decorating theirs!
3: they suggested the metal pans, but I think that a covered piece of cardboard or a cutting board would work better... the pans liked to cave in!
4: the jr. mint candies (that look like m&m's) are NOT the best option... they get too soft so you can't get them off... m&m's would have worked better!
5: don't run out of GREEN frosting... or the GRINCH will attack!
6: have more candy options to decorate with!
All in all it was a fun project and it will DEFINATELY become a family tradition... only I think I will have to find a recipe so that we can make the houses out of gingerbread...
We hope you all have a GREAT and MERRY Christmas this year! We love you all!

Our FAMILY!
My cute girlies!
********
I decided the we were going to make gingerbread houses this year from scratch... only with graham crackers. I was going to make some gingerbread cookies to make trees out of, but I can't seem to find my recipe, and I can't remember who I got the recipe from, so I didn't get around to making any. Rachel helped me put together all the crackers to make the house frames, we did them all different, and she assigned us the one that was ours.
I'm not sure what is with her facial expressions, but I can't seem to get her to take a picture these days without doing something silly!
Yep... this glue is pretty sturdy...
Andy's, Rachel's and Mine... the fronts!
Mine, Rachel's and Andy's... the backs!
Rachel was having a blast decorating her house...
I even got Andy to decorate one (kinda), even though he had a "headache"... Rebecca got to help him...
And then he ran out of GREEN frosting (it was supposed to be for the gingerbread trees that I didn't make)...
it soon turned into a war zone... with Rachel's help...
then she didn't want to decorate hers anymore...
i think she was having too much fun eating the candy...
a mouth full of candy...
she even filled up her chimney... since Daddy ended up filling his house with candy!
Andy's end project!
MY finished project...
The back side!
Well, I learned a couple things from this project...
1: the egg white powdered sugar glue is GREAT for the house structure... but regular frosting would work better for sticking the candy on... it doesn't hold as strong, but that way you can actually get the candy off to eat it! I think most of our candy ended up in the garbage because we couldn't get it off the house!
2: don't allow the grumpy bear to attack his house until AFTER the kids are done decorating theirs!
3: they suggested the metal pans, but I think that a covered piece of cardboard or a cutting board would work better... the pans liked to cave in!
4: the jr. mint candies (that look like m&m's) are NOT the best option... they get too soft so you can't get them off... m&m's would have worked better!
5: don't run out of GREEN frosting... or the GRINCH will attack!
6: have more candy options to decorate with!
All in all it was a fun project and it will DEFINATELY become a family tradition... only I think I will have to find a recipe so that we can make the houses out of gingerbread...
We hope you all have a GREAT and MERRY Christmas this year! We love you all!
6 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun!
I'll make you a deal...I'll send you my gingerbread cookie recipe if you send me the pattern for your adorable diaper bag :)
Fun!!! They all look cute! We were told that hot gluing the graham crackers works well too!!! Think we might just have to do that tomorrow night!
Rachel looks just like you in the picture of a mouth full of candy.
What a good mom! My girls would love that, but three days until Christmas, probably not going to happen now and I didn't even think about it before! But fun for you guys! Cute pics too!
Sorry about the butts in the girls pics. I was so focused on the cuties that I didn't realise those people were in the shot. I'm glad your editing worked out for you. I was laughing when I read your "lessons learned" section. I'm glad you guys are here and are my friends.
Cute houses and what a fun project. Way cute family pictures!
Post a Comment