Tuesday, July 20, 2010

4th of July...

Well, this year the 4th of July was celebrated on the 3rd! Of course, Andy was working, so he missed out on all the fun... 

We started off the day at our wards PANCAKE BREAKFAST! It was really yummy, and I got to share a table with some of my FAVORITE people here! 
My CUTE little firecracker!
And my cute BIG firecracker!
The HANDSOMEST little 3-year-old ever... Faber!
Beauty runs in the family! April (mom) and Daphne (daughter)!
The leader of the pack... Jake... and Faber again!
And this STUD... Ezra!
You can tell just from the pictures that this is a FUN group to hang around!
*****
After breakfast, I went with some of my other FAVORITE people to the FIRST EVER San Angelo 4th of July Parade! It was a REALLY SHORT parade... it lasted all of 30 minutes... I took pictures of almost everything in it, so you all can enjoy it too!
Waiting for the parade to start... Jay, Missy, Elliott, and Josh!
And the inseparables... Beth & Rachel... and in the back.... Rebecca!
So, here is the beginning of the parade... don't blink or you might miss it!
The FLAGS... 
The ONE float... Rachel was so excited to see the Statue of Liberty, because she was on "The Little Einsteins"
And a few (about 25 or 30) Trucks and Cars... this last one had the right idea... I wonder why they don't make cars like this anymore... This one had the top down, but there was another one that didn't... The back seat isn't even inside the car, so when the kids are loud, you can't hear them because they are outside!!! 
These sheep are ALL OVER town... I guess the Realtor Association thought it would be cool to put theirs on a trailer and put it in the parade...

And there was one more entrance after this... A friend of mine teaches Ball Room Dance a d they were in the parade, but for some reason, my camera wouldn't take a picture of them?
And Elliott says, "That was it? What a short parade!" Josh is just in shock!

It was a little rainy all day, so I didn't think they were going to do the fireworks, but they did. By the time I decided it would be fun to go to them, I had already put the girls down for bed, so we just skipped them this year... We will just have to go next year, and maybe then Rachel won't be as afraid of loud noises!

Sunday, the girls got to wear their PATRIOTIC dresses! They aren't the best pictures, because Rebecca wasn't feeling very photogenic... but Rachel was!
p.s. Rachel really wasn't trying to strangle her sister... she was just trying to get her to sit still for the picture!
I hope you all had a GREAT 4th of July!

1 comment:

Burdett Family said...

I can't believe you still have those dresses. And I laughed about the boy barbie. And where did you find that cars wrapping paper I need some for Christmas they didn't have any this year to by more.