Tuesday, September 14, 2010

San Antonio,,,

Alright... I guess I better get busy with this blog again.  My mom called me Sunday to see if we were still alive, because she hadn't heard from me in a while... My blog posts automatically e-mail to her and she hasn't got one in over a month... and I am a SLACKER when it comes to calling her (or anyone for that matter)!  So this is going to be a REALLY LONG post with a MILLION pictures!  I am NOT going to be making any promises on when I will get caught up though, because for some reason my computer is REALLY SLOW at uploading the pictures. :( But, here is our San Antonio trip!

So, In the end of JULY... yes, I know it's September... we went on a trip to San Antonio and met Andy's mom there. We didn't tell Rachel where we were going, we just told her that we were going on a drive so that she could watch a movie in the NEW car! 
 Deep into the movie!!! I have to say this was the BEST invention EVER!!!
Man he looks good driving a DODGE!!!
Lucky you, I actually took a picture of myself!!!
***
So when we got to Grandma Jan's hotel (we stayed at a different one the first night because we didn't know when Andy would be able to leave work) Rachel was REALLY excited!  I think she was in shock at first, because she asked who Grandma Jan was... I think it was partially her knew hair cut, and partially the fact that she hadn't seen her in over a YEAR!!!
"Mom, who is it?"  What a silly girl!!!
"Oh yeah, I LOVE Grandma!!!"
***
We had LOTS of fun in San Antonio... 
1st, we got to meet Jeff's twins, Samantha and Charlie! They are the cutest little 7-year-olds ever!!!  Rachel had a BLAST with them!
***
2nd, we went to SEA WORLD!!!  It was as fun as it always is! The twins had never been to Sea World before and when we were going to see the Shamu show, they asked Charlie to be in the show!!! 
 Checking out the DOLPHINS!!!
The CREW!!! Charlie, Grandma Jan, Andy, Jeff, Rebecca, Samantha & Rachel!!!
Rebecca learned how to use a straw shortly before this trip, and she wouldn't QUIT drinking all the soda! I think she had about 3 32 oz root beers that day!
Taking a break... waiting for the Shamu show!
Finishing off another cup of soda!!! 
And yet, another one!!!
Same one, just a close up... she was SOOOO possessive over them!
Posing on the cool ROCK!!!

Charlie in the show!!! 
Andy had taken Rebecca to the car so she could take a nap, and when we got there with this dolphin... it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!! 
 ***
3rd, we had LOTS of fun at the hotel!!!
Rebecca thought that the dolphin looked like a fun ride, so she jumped on... litterally!!!
Rebecca thought that the window seal was her special seat... she has NO FEAR of heights... I could barely stand close to the window... she even went out on the balcony in Grandma's room!
Not sure what she was doing here, but it was the cutest picture ever!!!
The 10th floor window was REALLY HIGH up there!!!
Rachel and her cheesy smile!!!
We also had a blast swimming in the dark!!! It was a little cold though... strange for how HOT it was outside!
***
4th, we got to go to Lulu's... it was on "Man vs. Food" I guess... they have the BIGGEST cinnamon roll you will ever see! It was THREE POUNDS!!! It was pretty YUMMY!!!
 These pictures are a little blurry because they came from Jeff's phone... I always forget to take out my camera!
THREE POUNDS of YUMMMMMM!!!!!!
LULU!!!
***
5th, we went to the San Antonio Zoo!!! It was pretty cool!  They have an animal there that I have NEVER seen before... I don't remember what it was called, but it had a head that looked like a GIRAFFE, and the legs and butt were striped like a ZEBRA!!! It was pretty cool... of course, I didn't get a picture!  We also rode the train that is just outside the zoo... it reminded me of the train my brother-in-law used to drive at the park somewhere in the Phoenix area!
 The back view of Charlie, Rachel, Samantha, Jeff & Mom!
Andy, Me and Rebecca!!!
***
6th, we went to THE ALAMO!!!  The other two times we have been to San Antonio we hadn't gone in... the first time we went to the outside, but the line to get in was WAY TOO LONG... so I am glad that we got to go in this time!!! It was really neat, although I wish they had more things to see how they lived (beds and stuff).  Of course, they wont let you take pictures in there, so I only have them from the outside! 
The front of THE ALAMO!
The back of the Alamo!
Me and Rachel behind the Alamo!  Andy had stayed at the hotel so that Rebecca could take a nap.
***
7th, we went on the RIVER WALK... although we didn't walk, we actually rode in the BOAT!!! It was pretty cool to see all the big building all lit up and night!
Waiting in line to get on the boat!
On the boat!
These two naughties wouldn't stay put, but it was fun anyway!

It was a GREAT trip! I am so glad that Mom and Jeff could meet us there to spend the weekend! 

4 comments:

aflescarb.blogspot.com said...

Glad that was fun...I remember when you were planning that trip. It was before I left.

Anna & Nando said...

What a full trip! That is great. Your girls are getting so big. Glad you are all doing well

Burdett Family said...

sounds likes lots of fun Silly Rachel not recognizing her own Grandma. love Rebecca posing in the window.

Michael + Rena said...

Glad your back ;) I was beginning to wonder where you went. Looks like a fun trip!