Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Craftiness Has Returned!...

 After packing, painting, and unpacking everything all within a month's time, I haven't had much time for crafting anything, and I was missing it! Well, I was rounding up stuff for Rachel's party, and I just happened to need to be at HOBBY LOBBY, so I picked me up a piece of foam core poster board and threw this flower/bow holder together! I have been wanting to make one for a REALLY LONG time, but I could never decide on what material I wanted to use. Now that the girls are back in the same room, and there is no room in our little bathroom, it made my decision really easy... I will use the top sheet for Rebecca's bed, because neither of them will use there top sheet!
So, I rounded up all the supplies...
And made it up as I went along... First I wrapped the foam board in batting...

 Then I wrapped it in the sheet... which I of course had to cut smaller...
 Then I cut ribbons and laid them about where I thought they should go...
 Then I got out the handy dandy measuring tape, and made them all be evenly spaced...
 Then I cut the other direction of ribbons...
 And evenly spaced them...
 I forgot about getting some thumb tacks... so I put a small dot of glue under each ribbon where they cross so they wouldn't move on me until my small twisting thumb tacks get here... I love AMAZON!!!
 Then I turned the board over, and glued just the edges first, so that the ribbon wouldn't move from pulling it tight...
 Then I trimmed the ribbons and glued them down...
 And then I, with my OCD, had to put a ribbon around the back to hide the uneven ribbons and the edge of the material... even though it was folded neatly when it was glued down...
 Next I took some picture wire out, that I already had, and attached it to the back!...
Last I hung it on the wall and added the flowers!... I have a LOT more of the big flowers in a bag in the closet that I still need to make, but as you can see, there will be PLENTY of room for them!
Not too shabby for a morning project! I am really happy with how it turned out! It will look even better with the cute little screw tacks !!! And now, Rachel will quit playing with the flowers in the bathroom sink!!!

1 comment:

Regan said...

That looks so cute! And you ARE WAY OCD!!