I know, Rachel's party isn't until June 15th, but I have a LOT of things to make for it.. and if I don't post about them as I do them, then I will NEVER get them all on here. So, the first thing I made for Rachel's party is her invitations! I used a picture of the toy tower that you can buy for the design. I have a program for my Cricut that will trace a bitmap of any picture, so I just used the Paint program on my computer to erase around the different pieces... it was a little time consuming, but I haven't put my Paint Shop Pro. on this computer yet. So, after I cut the first couple pieces, I started gluing...
Rachel wanted to take pictures of me doing it, so there you have me putting on the tops!
The worst part was waiting on the Cricut...
And here we have it with the brown... luckily it was only 3 pieces for the brown... I ended up cutting out the x part above the doorway, because it was a little too tight for the Cricut to cut, then I just used the marker that is the same color as the paper to draw it in!
Then I punched a hole in the window and threaded the string through... My cup was an awesome holder for me to braid it!
I tied a cute purple ribbon to the end of the braid... and Rachel wanted to display it for me!
Then I shaded in a little brickwork so that you could tell it was supposed to be a rounded part where the window is...
Next I added the piece with the words... and some flowers to the bottom...
Then I decided to shade in the window with Rapunzel's hair, and I added some Liquid Glass to the center of the flowers to make them pop a little more... this is them all drying!...
And here is the finished project! Now I just need to deliver them... in another week or so...
Next we are working on the BUNTING!!! I am so excited for this party... I am in trouble next year when Rebecca starts having parties too... I tend to go a little OVERBOARD with parties!
1 comment:
SERIOUSLY a-dorable!! I soo need a cricut! That is AWESOME! What super cute ideas! Love your new hair color too :)
Post a Comment