Well. I am MOSTLY unpacked and decorated, so I will post pictures now of our new HOME! I am really liking it here in Wyoming so far! I still chuckle a little when I think of our place of living as a HOME... being that it is only about 500 sq. feet! Even though it is small, I DO like it and consider it HOME!
So here is the VIRTUAL TOUR... by way of pictures!
Here is our front door!
When you come into our apartment you are in this cute little entry...
The White door is the front door... I had my wreath hung on the outside, of the front door, but it made it were the glass door didn't close right... So, I moved it to the closet door! I am NOT posting a picture of the closet, because I need to get another shelf so that it can be more organized... the first one isn't big enough!
To the left of the front door is the LIVING ROOM! It is a nice and cozy little room! If you look around the room clockwise, this is what you will see!
The first half of the BIG wall! I am going to get a bench with drawers in it for the girl's shoes... They won't fit in the front closet, and with all the MOISTURE here, I don't want shoes in my house so I have to clean up MUD! When I get it, it will sit where the boxes are sitting right next to the front door! Don't you just LOVE the BROWN velvety curtains! They came with the apartment!
And the rest of the wall! We are planning on switching out couches... We didn't think that the big couch would fit really good, but after arranging everything I think it will work just fine!
This is the view of my "OFFICE". Yep, I said office! I have a desk on its way here that will go were those boxes and Care Bear chairs are! I am so EXCITED for it to show up this week!!! When it gets here I can move ALL those boxes off my cedar chest a.k.a. SCRAPBOOK PAPER!!!
I had to zoom in on this AWESOME arrangement! I am so excited that I finally have the shelves to display my pictures!!! There are 3 items missing from these shelves... I just have to decide what they are and buy them... They will be something like a tall candle holder type thing, a vase of flowers, and a bowl of decorative balls... if I can find what I like!
The TV wall... I need to make a VINYL saying to go above the tv, but I haven't sat down to think of one yet!
The left side is the "hallway" and the right side is the kitchen!
Awe... the beautiful family picture... FINALLY out of the plastic! The left side of this picture is the kitchen doorway and the right side puts you back at the front door!
So, to the left of this picture I said is the KITCHEN... and by kitchen, I mean KITCHEN/DINING ROOM/ LAUNDRY ROOM! Again, we will go around the room clockwise...
The first thing you will see is the STOVE!!! I am amazed at these stylish mustard yellow counter tops... they really weren't my top choice in colors, but I guess when you are living in an apartment, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit! So, I took those yellow counter tops, and I went with it... I now have a lovely Tuscan style ROOSTER kitchen... and can I tell you how much Andy LOVES it... oh, wait, it was ME who loves it... and he works all day, so he tolerates it! I also have a new utensil holder on the way here... it matches the beautiful cookbook stand and paper towel holder... Target just didn't have them in stock, so I had to order in online!
Moving down from the stove we have a SINK!!! I had to take this angled picture so you could see my beautiful comfy mat!!! It is so nice to stand on while I HAND-WASH my dishes...
And the better view of the sink!
To the right of the sink we have a lovely corner cabinet and a nice raised counter top to sit the microwave on... I am loving using dishtowels to add a little more splash of color in the room... this one is hiding my SALAD MASTER!!! The one by the stove was hiding the WATER BOTTLE... yes, the water here tastes just fine... but I am addicted to filtered water now since I HAD to drink it the past 2 years!
So as you can see... around the corner is the REFRIGERATOR... and the WASHER and the DRYER!!! I am so GREATFULL that there is a washer and dryer and I don't have to go to the laundry mat... It doesn't even bother me that they are in my KITCHEN!!!
Since you can't see it very well, this is the LOVELY arrangement I have on top of the refrigerator! I did have ALL of this before we moved... even the ROOSTER Scentsy! I was planning on doing some type of rooster decor in my kitchen in Texas, but since we didn't finish the kitchen until we moved, I never got around to it!
Now to the DINING ROOM!!! I just love that the colors in the girls pictures matched so wonderfully with the counters and the rooster stuff, so I decided to hang them in the dining room! I have a cute little saying that my sister-in-law Vinette made for me that I THANKFULLY didn't put up in Texas... it will go under the girl's pictures and it says, "A family that eats together stays together"
Now, behind the dining room, we have a PANTRY!!!! It is so AWESOME!!! Look at everything I can put in it! I LOVE IT!!!!!!
And this is with the door closed! As you can see... this puts us back into the living room!
So, we walk past the TV, and we end up in the HALLWAY! As you turn to the right, we have a closet... I have to keep the gate up here, because Rebecca knows just how to open up that door to get to the bubbles and play-dough!
And continuing to the right, we have the bathroom door and my two frames I bought 3 or 4 years ago and have NEVER used... I decided I would hang them (to hide the electric box) and then maybe I will fill them with pictures of our family... so, if you want your picture in them, feel free to send me one... they are 4x6 pictures turned either way! The door to the right is the girl's bedroom!
While we are standing here, lets go into the bathroom! As you can see, I let Rachel pick what she wanted to decorate it with... of course, she picked monkeys... Rebecca was just as excited about them as Rachel was! Here we have the amazing WHITE sink... and a nice MIRROR with lots of storage space!
And we have a lovely POTTY... which Rebecca with shortly be learning how to use! Also, we have a nice towel on the bar to dry our hands, and a pretty shelf to put the monkeys on so Rebecca will leave my toothbrush alone!
And here is the full view of our ADORABLE shower curtain! Oh, and the cute little monkey face we step on every time we go in the bathroom! I just love it!!! Actually, my favorite thing about the whole house is the BATHTUB!!! It's nothing fancy, but it is ONE piece... TUB, WALLS & CEILING!!! I am in Heaven... no nasty little cracks or grooves for Andy's grease to get into! It's so EASY to CLEAN!!!!
Ok, Let's step back out into the hallway and go into the GIRL'S BEDROOM! Theirs is the door on the right!
So, this is what you get... a SLEEPING Rebecca, and a MESSY bedroom! It has looked like this a LOT, but that just means that they are playing in their room, and closet... and not as much in my living room! Their is a nice little shelf built into two of the walls... that is one perk from being halfway underground... so, I decided to use it as a bookshelf, and a place to put pictures! Rachel told me that she wanted a picture of Jesus and her family in her room, so that's what she got!
To the right, they have a nice closet... which I am going to have to bungee cord shut so that Rebecca will leave the hamper and everything else in it!
And to the left, we have a DOLL HOUSE, and a toy CRADLE (not that you can see it under the toys) and a MIRROR, which the girls LOVE to dance in front of! I had the butterfly kiss and ladybug hug from Rebecca's room on the mirror... yeah, that was fun to peel off and put on the mirror... but apparently Rebecca didn't like it there, because she peeled it off before I could hang the mirror... so, I am going to have to think of another saying, or just make a new one of the same saying and put it on the wall above the mirror!
Back out in the hallway when you turn to the right to go into the PARENT'S room or the living room, you see our FAMILY TREE... well, at least that's what Rachel calls it... When I was arranging the pictures, she wanted me to put the 3 square ones on bottom up and down so they could be the trunk... I opted to NOT do that! I am going to have to change the pictures around inside the frames because they are sideways, and not the right pictures I want... I will be sure to post a new picture of them when I change the pictures... along with everything else I still have to do in our house!
Into the PARENT'S ROOM we go... As you walk into our room, you have to turn so you don't walk into the side of the closet...
Take a few more steps and you are standing at the end of our bed... yep, there is about 1 foot on the right and 2 feet on the left... not to mention the 15 inches at the end of the bed!
Turn back a little ways toward the door and you can see our GIANT dresser... at least it feels that way in this little room! It's a good thing all we do is SLEEP in our room... which is why we took the SMALLER bedroom!
Well, there you have it... about 1 minute and 20 steps later and you have seen our ENTIRE house!!! Like I said, it is a nice SMALL & COZY HOME and we LOVE it!!! Especially the fact that I don't have as much to CLEAN... and I don't have to SWEEP the whole thing!!!
If any of you feel so inclined to come up and visit... feel free... you'll just have to get you a room at one of the cute little hotels in town!
6 comments:
Super cute! I love how your decor!
it looks good I love all the pictures and yes it is super small. Happy Birthday to Rebecca she it is hard to believe she was born two years ago!
I can't believe you are unpacked {mostly} and decorated already!!! Crazy lady! :O) It looks great, can't wait to see what else you do with it. You always have a beautiful home no matter where you are or how big it is!
You are in Glenrock, Wyoming!!!!
Wow. Your house looks cute but Texas will miss you!
awww it looks so cute!! I love all the work you have put into making it a beautiful home! It sure makes a difference in how you feel about a place if you have it put together the way you want it. IT looks great! You seem happier.
It is very cute and well organized!! I still have things in boxes, you make me feel like a slacker! J/K :) I have to say I am jealous, I think Wyoming would be awesome! You will have to keep up filled in on life of there and what it is like. Do you plan on getting a house up there, or is this just a couple year stay? Either way it is obvious you will make is great!! Have a great time!
Post a Comment