Friday, September 2, 2011

I Have a KINDERGARTENER!!!...

Wow! Where have the past FIVE years gone! I can't believe how fast time goes by!

Rachel FINALLY started school! She was supposed to start on the 24th, but since we were moving on the 25th, I didn't have her start until we got back to Texas! So, she started Monday... one week LATE! She was so excited to start school! She was even more excited that she would be at the same school as 2 of her "old" friends from church... and even more exciting that that, she was RANDOMLY put in the same class as BOTH of them!

 Here she is on her FIRST day of KINDERGARTEN!!! Her response when we got to the front door... "Why do I have to go to school at night time?" Then she had to do all these poses... she is such a cutie and I LOVE her so much!
 I was so happy that she picked something to wear that I made for her for school... not one of the cool new shirts she bought at the store!






 This is her cool sign for being a Kindergartener... she thought she was clever making a K with her hand!
 And here she is outside her school!
 Trying to figure out how to make that K again!

 Her teacher is Mrs. Steele, but she had surgery just before school started, so she got to take her picture with her substitute, Mrs. Mayfield! She was SO excited!
Well, we survived the first week without Rachel... barely! Rebecca still asks "where's Sis?" all day long! She even recognizes her school now when we drive past it during the day! I hope Rachel continues to have lots of fun at school!

2 comments:

Burdett Family said...

I love her dress it's way cute! Yay for kindergarten

Hawkins Family said...

FUN!!!! LOVE the dress! Our babies are all grown up :(