Friday, December 30, 2011

Trying my Hand at Dying Clothes!

 My friend had given me a yellow dress that I couldn't really wear... It wasn't quite the right color for me...
So, I bought some RIT and went to town... I was wanting it to be a dark wine color. I ended up soaking it for a couple hours the first time.
 It turned out like this... Pretty, but when it dried, it was really light...
 So, I bought wine, denim, and brown dye... and ended up with this!
 It is wet here also, but when it dried it looked a lot better! The material must be partially polyester... the tag was worn off... so the yellow thread and some of the yellow in the material wouldn't dye. I like how it turned out though! I even threw in another shirt that I couldn't wear because it was too light and see through, now I love it!

No comments: