Ever since Rachel watched the "Tangled" movie in the theater, she has been growing her hair to be "as long as Rapunzel". Well I was brushing it a couple weeks ago and told her it was just a couple inches above her pants. She was so excited! I then went on to tell her that is was long enough to donate to Locks of Love. She asked what that was, so I explained to her that some kids have cancer, and they have to get treatments that make their hair fall out, so people donate their hair to make wigs for them! She got so excited about it and said she wanted to donate her hair! We were going to wait a couple months, so that it wouldn't have to be so short when I cut it off, but a couple weeks later, after she got out of the bath, she decided she was ready to cut her hair!
So, we got out the shears, and started cutting... after a few pictures, of course!
All brushed, ready for the pony tail!
She wanted to use a pink pony tail so the girl who got her wig could have it... not sure they will keep it though!
I measured to make sure we had the 10 inches we needed!
And then I started cutting!
She was so excited...
I almost left it about like this, but I thought a cute A-line with some layers would look better!
So, I cut some layers!
She looks super cute with short hair!
I love her silly faces!
Now all we are waiting on is those darn bangs to grow out... at least they are long enough to pull to the side with a "piggy" as Rebecca calls them!
I love it!
And so does she!
She's quite the little show off!
It almost makes me miss my A-line... maybe in a few months mine will be long enough to donate too!?!
Another silly face!
And another!
I love this girl!
Rachel was so excited to donate her hair! Everyone that compliments her on her hair cut has to hear about her donating it to "the people who make wigs"! She hasn't stopped talking about "the girl that is going to get my hair". I love her attitude! I also love that I don't have to fight her to brush her hair anymore!!!!!
1 comment:
There is no denying she is your daughter...she is beautiful and I love the new hair cut!!!
Post a Comment