Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow in Texas!...

 We had our second snow of the winter... only this is the first time it really stuck! I was so grateful for my girls 7:00 bedtime when this stuff started falling around 7:30! 
 This was about an hour after it started snowing... I'm glad this isn't a normal occurrence or I would NOT love living upstairs!
 Look at all that snow! It was coming down in pretty big flakes! I'm so glad we were able to get those first two covered parking spaces... no cleaning off windshields for us in the morning!!!
 
 Looking out past the empty field, across the loop to the mall!
 I decided to write in the snow on the balcony for the girls, it was completely covered by morning!
 
 It was sticking really good on everything!
 The neighbors across the way were out playing and made a snow angel... I tool a picture, because I wasn't about to go make my own!
 
 The joys of having the girls go to bed at 7 were quickly turned around at 6:30 in the morning when we got ready to head out to play in the snow!!!
 At least I convinced them to put on jackets, gloves and boots first!
 School was delayed for TWO hours, so Rachel was so happy she got to play in the snow!!! I was happy for that! Two hours was enough playing in the snow for me... and we didn't have to lose our extra vacation day Easter weekend!!!
 Rebecca LOVED the snow!
 Even if it was cold!
 The girls wanted to make a snowman... we ended up with a snowgirl named Chrystal! I guess Rachel had read a book at school where Frosty's friend was named Chrystal!
 Yeah, it was slippery, I almost fell... and Andy was kind enough to get a picture!
  So much fun!!!
 Say cheese, Chrystal!
 Yes, she has rocks for eyes, and MESQUITE branches for arms!!! She got to wear my birthday scarf, because it was the only one we could find...
 Chrystal hung on throughout the day... even though it warmed up to a nice 54 degrees!!!!
That's my kind of snow! We get to enjoy all the fun things about snow, and about the time we are sick of it, it's all melted and it reaches 70 degrees two days later!

No comments: