Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sewing For Today...

Well, We have come to a conclusion! We are going to stick with Rebecca Brianne Summers! For some reason we like it the best!

I haven't been taking pictures lately... I guess I'm a slacker. I will work on that so my next post has pictures! I have been enjoying this year. I am taking a sewing class at EAC! I really like it. I have a machine at home that I NEVER use... and man do I hear about it! I just wanted to take the class so that I would actually sit down and work on a few projects. 1st I made a really cute summer dress for Rachel. It turned out really cute. I needed something to work on while I found material for Rebecca's blessing dress. So, now I am working on Rebecca's dress. I almost have it finished, only a hand stitched hem on the inside of the bodice and some button holes left! I think it turned out cute! I felt bad because I couldn't find as good of material as Rachel's, but Elaine says she likes Rebecca's better. I think they are both cute though. I tried them both on Rachel the other day. Surprizingly, they actually fit her (only I couldn't button it)! I thought they would because when I made Rachel's, it fit Carly, but she was only 15 months old, not 2 1/2 years old! That reminds me... I did take a picture of her in Rebecca's dress, but not hers for some reason:( So, here is a sneek peek!

I can't believe that a 0-3 month dress is this big! I like them long like this though. Rachel's looked so cute on her when she was a baby! Oh, Those pictures are on my computer too! Here they are....

Awwww... she was so little, and so cute... what happened? I can't wait for Rebecca to be here! They are going to have so much fun together!


I want to take pictures of them together in their dresses... since it still fits Rachel! I think it would be cute! Carly asked me if I would make her a dress like Rachel's, so I told her that I would for her baptism! At least I have 4 more years for that! Who knows, maybe I'll go into business! HAHAHA! I actually have enough material left over from the overlays on both dresses to do an overlay on the bodice of their baptism dresses! I think it will be fun to have them match! After I am done with Rebecca's dress I am going to make a couple maternity shirts for me, and a couple matching dresses for Rachel and Rebecca! I have also decided that I am going to learn how to make bows for the girls. It annoys me that I can't really find any that match very good to Rachel's outfits. I bought stuff a long time ago, and I finally tried it out yesterday. I made two and they turned out ok. I will have to take pictures of them next time I work on them so I can post them!

Well, that about sums it up! I am excited for the 3rd trimester, Rebecca has been a really active baby... especially at night, hopefully she will change that around after she is on the outside! I have been losing my memory a lot lately... hopefully it is just the pregnancy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you, miss you and wish we lived closer. I think that the dresses are cute. I would like to put in an order if you are taking them.

Love ya

Windsor World said...

I'm glad your having another girl..my girls tend to be each others best friend and even sometimes thier best punching bag! Rachel will have so much fun with little Rebecca (glad you chose this spelling!) You did such a good job on Rachel blessing dress..it's cute, I wish I could find some time to take a sewing class, I have always wanted to learn how to sew!! Maybe someday..

Michael + Rena said...

what fun! I want to learn to sew something someone could actually wear! The dress looks awsome.

Reeds said...

I can't believe she can wear a 0-3 dress. The dresses are adorable! If only I could sew.