We have been having quite the fun month already! My wonderful friend Cami was giving away a playset, and I guess I was the lucky caller because we inherited it! I was having a hard time convincing Andy that it would be ok to get one, because he is a little paranoid and didn't really want the added possibilities that Rachel might get hurt! So, since it was FREE... I guess it was a little easier to convince him! We went to take the playset apart a few days after Cami gave it to us. I was a little worried that we were going to get yelled at for taking it... I wasn't however worried that the person yelling at us would be a 2-year-old! I don't even know who she was, but she came out and started telling Andy, "Why did you break my swing, you better put it back together!" So Andy says, "It wasn't me... talk to her!" and points at me. I say, "I'm so sorry, but Cami told me to." Rachel says, "It's my new slide, we have to take it to MY house!" The little girl I guess felt intimidated by Rachel telling her off and went back inside! We then took the playset home in about 20 different pieces at about 6:30. We get everything unloaded as the sun is going down and Rachel says, "I want to go down the slide!" So, Andy proceeds to put the playset together in the dark because his little "Princess" wants to go down the slide! And he says that I'm the one who spoils her! Rachel loves her slide... and the swings too of course! So, thanks a million Cami... Your the best!
We are planning on putting sand around it so that the kids can play in sand instead of the dirt! I have also decided that we need another tree in the backyard, and we will be moving the playset! Can I blaim my undecided mind on being pregnant?
In January Andy's mom sent him some sugar cookies in the mail. They were really delicious, and apparently they are Andy's FAVORITE cookie! We have been married for 6 1/2 years, and the only kind of cookie he ever wants is chocolate chip... Anyway, now that I know that they are his FAVORITE cookie, I have been making them instead of chocolate chip! I don't really mind though, because I like them better than chocolate chip too! Last time we made "Flower" cookies as Rachel calls them... how do you explain that a clover is not a flower to a 2-year-old when you don't have any real ones? So, we made Green "flowers"! I let Rachel frost the little ones, she did a pretty good job and actually managed to get some of the frosting on the cookies instead of in her mouth... You couldn't even taste her slobber after she was done!

Ok, so there has been a little bit of madness... When we picked out our appliances, we thought that we went with the better ones so that we didn't end up having to get them fixed all the time or replace them... Well, that's what we thought... at least we bought the 4 year service contract for them. So, Saturday night, I open the freezer, get out the ice cream for Rachel, dish it up, put it back and close the door. Nothing unusual, strange, or out of place. Sunday morning, I get out the hash browns, not really thinking about what's in the freezer. Andy comes in the kitchen and tries to get ice out of the door... hmmm, why is it crushing the cubed ice again (for the 3rd time)? So, he opens the door, pulls out the ice holder to turn it off and back on... maybe that will fix it! Well, while pulling it out he notices something really strange in the freezer! So, he comes and tells me to go look in the freezer. So I go open the door to find this! What!?
Now, I don't know about you, but I have never seen a freezer do this before! There is about a half inch of ice on top of all of the containers and there are huge icicles going down the whole back of the freezer. Now, you see where the red bag of hash browns are... how did I NOT notice the ice all over the freezer? I'm absolutely sure it wasn't like that the night before, because there was ice stuck to the bottom of the ice cream when I pulled it out to take the picture! So, Monday morning I called the GE service # to set up my house call. The company calls me back and sets up a date... 8 days later, my freezer will be fixed! At least we put a shut off valve on the water that runs to the freezer! I then take out the camera to take a picture... just in case I decide to clean out the freezer before they come to fix it... they are very believing when something is wrong with my appliances. So, now I have pictures, and the freezer is still covered in ice... and I'm sure it will still be covered in ice when they come to fix it Thursday! Hey, GE's policy is that if they have to fix an appliance 3 times they call it a lemon and give you a new one! So, being that this is the 3rd time they have fixed the ice machine (each time it did something different), the next time I call to have it fixed... we get a new refrigerator! Our luck it won't break again until after the service contract is expired.
Well, I hope you all have a WONDERFUL March! And happy St. Patrick's Day! Sorry for the music... I was in the mood to be festive when I changed it! Only 9 weeks left until my c-section!
7 comments:
Sorry you got yelled at. Not sure who would have done that? I am really glad that you guys are putting it to good use. Love ya tons!
Man I wish I knew Cami a little better, My kids would have loved that swing set!! :) But I'm glad Rachel is enjoying it!! Man only 9 more weeks, that seems crazy! Before you know it Rebecca will be out there playing to!
Looks like lots of fun. here's to lemons and a new fridge!!!
i can't believe you got that play set for free!!
Yep! Emma is just lucky that way! Just one more reason to love having her as a little sister. Not fair that you only have nine weeks. I still have 25!! I am loving it though!! We hopefully find out next week what the little joy is!!
I am SO JEALOUS of the swing set!!! We were going to get that exact one for the girls for Christmas, and then decided to save our money. Way bummed. But HOW FUN FOR YOU!
What a fun swing set! We got one given to us last year but it was built mostly from wood and was all rotted out. My freezer covers everything with ice-it is very annoying!
Post a Comment