Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Princesses Drive Tractors Too!...

Beware, this is a REALLY long post!

Fiday was my friend Myssy's 35th birthday, so we watched Meili so her and Paul could go out! Rachel LOVED having her here! They had a blast watching Dora, playing in the play room, playing with play-dough, and blowing bubbles outside! Rachel now introduces Meili as "This is my best friend Meili!" They are so cute playing together! Myssy and I decided that we are going to trade nights with the 3 year olds so we can go on dates with our husbands without them! Once the babies get older I'm sure we will put them in the trade too, but for now they are good babies that stay in car seats so we will take them with us!

*****
Saturday, Andy REALLY wanted to sleep in before he went to work for a couple hours to finish up a job. Well, Rachel didn't think that meant he wanted to sleep in ALONE, so she climbed in bed with him! I went in to check on Rebecca and this is what I found...

I don't why kids think they need to use the WHOLE bed! All I can say is I feel sorry for her husband some day (20 years or more from now)!!!

So, while Andy was at work, I decided that I was going to get all my food storage put away! I do have to say that it fits much better in the guest room closet than it did on top of the cupboards in Pima! Now we just need to start using it so it doesn't all expire on us!

I can actually see all my food now!

That evening Rachel was playing quietly with her toys while me and Andy were watching Friends. Well, Andy noticed what she was playing with and was a little worried about HIS toys! Apparently he doesn't think that TRACTORS and PRINCESSES go very good together!


I, however, thought that Aurora looked SO cute pulling Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, and Snow White!
*****
And speaking of CUTE!!!...

I love watching Rebecca when she sleeps! She is so darn cute! Her daddy says that she is moving out of our bedroom soon, I am not ready for that yet. Maybe if the girls room was right next to ours still it would be easier, but it's clear across the house, and I just don't know about that. I guess it's a good thing I gave Troy & Alyssa the bedding for the crib, or she would probably already be in there. I finally ordered the new bedding for it and Rachel's bed, so when it gets here I guess I will have to let her be a big girl and sleep with her sister. Rachel is REALLY excited for Rebecca to sleep in her bedroom... we'll see how well that goes!
*****
So, San Angelo only has 2 Wards, and 2 Branches and of the 2 wards, most of the members are Military. So, what does this mean for us... CALLINGS!!!! Lucky for me, it was Andy that they got first! We have only been here 5 Sundays... the 1st we didn't have anything unpacked, the 2nd we went to our new ward, the 3rd we were in San Antonio, the 4th Me and the Girls went by ourselves because Andy wasn't feeling too swell, and the 5th Sunday... his 2nd at church, Andy got a calling! I have the feeling that had we not gone to San Antonio, and if he had not been sick, Andy would have got a calling 2 weeks sooner! So, any guesses on what they stuck him with... My mom was pretty close when she guessed Webelos leader! Nope, they start at the top here... Andy is now the all new, wonderfully amazing, best ever... CUB SCOUT MASTER!!!! He has absolutely NO CLUE on what he is supposed to do, all he knows is that at 7 o'clock tonight he has his first meeting and they haven't even sustained him or set him apart! I am SO looking forward to whatever calling they are going to stick me with... hahaha... especially knowing that we are in need of not only a 1st, but also a 2nd counselor in the Relief Society Presidency! So, now that I have stated that I know they need to fill these two positions, I will definitely get one of them, right? (P.S. I'm hoping reverse psychology works on this!) So, I'll keep you posted...
*****
Andy and I decided that Rachel needed to start helping with some chores so that she can start learning some responsibility! I have absolutely NO problems with this, because it makes my job a LOT easier! So, Rachel is now in charge of putting away the utensils out of the dishwasher, loading the washer, unloading the dryer and putting the basket of clean clothes in our bedr0om, and keeping her bedroom and playroom clean! She does a GREAT job with the utensils and the laundry, but she needs help still with her 2 rooms!

I bought laundry baskets with wheels on them so it is really easy for her to put the basket in our bedroom! I have to actually start the washer and turn the dryer to the right spot, but she can squeeze on the side of the dryer to push the button and turn it on which makes her pretty happy! She is such a BIG girl!

7 comments:

Troy & Alyssa Packer said...

Im glad Troy and I could help. lol. Your girls look like they are doing good and I miss them so much. Rachel is getting so big I cant beleive it. I cant wait till Zoey gets bigger, just to see what she will be like. To see the different things that she will do.

Burdett Family said...

Way to put her to work. Carly now put her cloths away she yells at me if I try to do it. I wish I could get her to do more.

Adria said...

changed my blog address

Michael + Rena said...

How fun. I hear you on the baby room on the other side of the house thing. Sounds like all of you are settling in quite nicely!

The Richards said...

wow long post! Just kidding it was great, your girls are so dang cute and i love the sleeping picture, that is so true kids take up so much room! Thanks for the email!

Anita Robbins said...

Enjoyed the update. I am the Cub Scout Committee chairperson and I know what a difference an enthusiastic Cub Master can make in the lives of those boys. I hope he love it!

Clint and Tiffany said...

Hey there! I finally had a minute to sit down and play catch up on your blog! How fun! Good times. I can't believe how fast these girls are growing up! Yay for getting your house more put together, and yay for getting projects finished! I'm so sorry about the picture of my wreath, I can never remember to bring my camera over with me to Jonnet's to upload and email that. SORRY! All your projects look amazing and I'm jealous :0) Love and miss ya!