Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rachel's 1st Day of Joy School!...

We have been talking about putting Rachel in Preschool for a while now (since before we moved). At first she was really excited, but then she started to say that she didn't want to go to preschool and I couldn't figure out why. We were at the Clayson's swimming a couple weeks ago and Rachel and Meili were talking about preschool when Rachel came to me and said, "Mom, me and Meili don't want to get SHOTS!" That's when it hit me... Rachel didn't want to go to preschool, because Riley (my nephew) had to get shots before he could go to preschool. So, I explained to her that the only reason Riley had to get shots was because his mom was a slacker and he never had his 18 month shots, and that she didn't have to get any shots! Her mind was changed instantly! She has been so excited to start preschool since then!

Preschools around here are REALLY expensive, so we decided that Joy School would be the way to go! If you haven't heard of Joy School, it is an online program that you can sign up for. Each family has to pay an enrollment fee and then so much for each semester, once you have paid for the semester you can use it for all of your kids! If you want to learn more go to www.valuesparenting.com! There are 7 kids signed up in our group, so each mom only has to teach twice a week every 7 weeks! All of the families are LDS in our group! You can also sign up to have a Joy School in your home and they give you all the lesson plans and ideas for your preschool! I am thinking about maybe starting one after Rachel is in Kindergarten... we'll see how this goes though!

So, today was the 1st day of school! I convinced Rachel to let me curl her hair for the 1st time in 3 or 4 months... It helps that her "best friend" has curly hair! I told her we were going to take a picture of her on her 1st day of school and she said she wanted to take them outside by the front door! I'm not quite sure why, but they turned out cute!


She is quite a character... at least she was wanting to pose for me today instead of hiding from the camera!

This is Rachel and Meili with there school supplies! They were so EXCITED for school!

So, now I have 2 1/2 hours every Tuesday and Thursday morning to spend time with just Rebecca! I'm sure we will be moving our shopping day to Tuesday... not that I don't LOVE taking Rachel shopping with me! LOL!!!!!

7 comments:

Adria said...

she is so beautiful emma! watch out for her when she is older:) kylee starts next week, she is really excited!

Anonymous said...

Glad you found a school for Rachel.

Darrell and Ashlee said...

that school sounds really neat! she looks so adorable!!

Burdett Family said...

wow she is starting to look more like you and older. I can't wait to see her.

Andy and Michele said...

That's fun! My mom did that with me when I was little (tells you how old the program is!) I didn't actually use that program, but we did the same concept with us moms teaching for Beckie and I'll do it again next year for Brittlee. FUN times! Rachel looks beautiful.

Anna & Nando said...

How fun. It is great that you are so involved and have already made friends!! Good luck with it all! :)

Clint and Tiffany said...

Cute girl! Yay for preschool. We FINALLY got internet about 30 min ago! WOOHOO! I was wondering how you added a new font to use on your blog. Share a tip please? :0) Love and miss!