Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's a SNOW DAY!!!!...

I don't know which state has stranger weather... Arizona or Texas! Two days ago it was 75* outside and this morning it is SNOWING!!!! It seems that Texas can't decide if it wants to be Winter or Spring.

Saturday was a beautiful day! We decided that we were going to take up fishing, so we went and bought some poles, (or "fishing rods" as Rachel calls them), and some fishing licenses, and went fishing! We didn't even have a little nibble, but it was fun just to be sitting by the water holding a fishing pole!
 
We had to get some new chairs too, because ours all got lots or ruined in the move! Of course, I had to have a pink one, and Rachel had to have PRINCESSES!!!
  
And Rachel had to have a PRINCESS fishing rod!... mine is PINK too!
  
The wind was blowing a little hard... hence the ANGRY look on Andy's face... I don't know how he can fish and not hold the pole, but I guess when you're not catching anything, it doesn't matter if you even have a pole!
 
Rachel sat and held her pole the whole time we were there... other than the THREE trips to the bathroom!
Rebecca was even good... she slept the whole time in the car with the windows down!

After a while the wind started blowing the wrong way, so we went to find another spot to fish, but Andy got side tracked... he went on a hike instead!
 
This is the huge dirt berm they built to hold the water for the other lake... Andy just HAD to see how high up the other lake was.... he says it is only about halfway down on the other side... maybe we will have to go fishing there next time!
Almost to the top!
 
At the top... and out of breath!
 
Rachel says, "Uh, Mom... Daddy dissapeared!"
 
On the way back down!
 
Almost there...
 
"He made it YAY!!!". says Rachel!
*****
So, this is what we woke up to this morning! About 1 1/2 inches of snow and it's still falling!
My cute family!!!  Doesn't Andy look so cute surrounded in PINK!!!
Rachel had so much fun running in the snow in her PINK boots!
Even Krystle got to play in the snow!!!
Rebecca LOVED the snow! She laughed every time it dropped on her head!
 
I think this Tahoe likes to be covered in snow!

Well... I think it is going to be a FUN day! They even canceled school today... which means that Rachel's Preschool got canceled too! So, we are watching Barbie movies, and playing on the computer...
I'm sure that all the snow will be gone this afternoon, so I will still be able to go grocery shopping... but I don't know since it is still snowing and they are pretty big flakes!
I hope you all have a GREAT day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun...I want some snow. I agree Andy looks great surrounded by pink. Have fun with the weather.

Mom's Place said...

It's been such a fun day!!!! I love the snow! So do the girls! Regin didn't think it was half bad either!

Andy and Michele said...

We didn't get snow, but after some beautiful days it rained ALL day and was freezing. Crazy weather! I love all the pink! Pink poles, jackets, shirts, chairs. Don't girls just make you so happy?! At least my Andy got a boy, I think he was starting to go crazy surrounded by all us! :)

Burdett Family said...

Yah that is a lot of pink and I love it. It has been raining for two days here and the kids loved it.

Clint and Tiffany said...

Too fun! I think we'll introduce Madi to the joys of fishing this summer. I'm not too sure that she'll have the patience to sit and watch the water but you never know! :O) Clint's been so busy with wrestling that we haven't had a chance yet to play in the snow, I'm hoping that now that wrestling's over, we can find a Saturday to take a family trek up the mountain and freeze! Sounds like fun {as long as there's lots of HOT hot cocoa!!}! Miss you guys! Madi told us a story about Rachel the other day, about how they played and there was a dragon and they were princesses {not knocked up ones LOL} and something about a slide... So tell Rachel that Madi misses her!