Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Surviving a TORNADO... And YES, I am Talking About a Real One!!!...

 Not that my pictures do this storm ANY justice, but here they are...

The girls and I were enjoying a wonderful Saturday morning while Andy was working. The rains came in really heavy, and man did it smell good! So, I opened the front door, trapped the girls with the gate, and grabbed the camera!



 
Let's just say it was a LOT of rain!

The cute girls loving the gate... and of course trying to get out!

And then, it happened... right as I stepped back inside, the SIRENS went off... I of course, panicked, called Andy  (who, remember, was at work) and asked him why on earth the Sirens were going off if it wasn't the 1st and it wasn't noon! He of course said he didn't know... (Maybe we should watch the news or something, the whole town knew we were in a tornado warning.)

So, the sirens finally went off,  and I let the girls leave the hallway (which is the only room that doesn't have a window). I was working on something in the kitchen and Rachel was sitting in the rocking chair and Rebecca crawled up on her lap... they were singing like Dora does... Rain, Rain, go away, come again another day! I had to laugh, because Rachel was saying DON'T come again another day! Too cute and what a FUN experience!!!
 Oh, and yes, there was a tornado, in the town that is 5 minutes away... I'm just glad it didn't hit where it did the last time one hit... RIGHT BEHIND MY HOUSE!!!!!

5 comments:

Clint and Tiffany said...

CRAZY!! Clint's nephew's house was one of the ones damaged by the ones that hit Flagstaff a month ago. It made the roof of his bedroom collapse onto his bed, but luckily he sleeps huddled against the wall! His step-dad heard the crash and all the noise from the tornado and rushed into the room and had to dig him out of the rubble. They were able to get out and drive away unharmed but when they got back their house was trashed, there was even a boat sticking out of their roof! Crazy that 4 houses were destroyed and it came in the middle of the night, but the worst injury was a broken arm. Talk about a miracle, eh?

Burdett Family said...

so scary and crazy.

csrussell said...

oh how scary. I would be terrified. thats why I think I will stay in go ol' Arizona. Glad you are ok

Andy and Michele said...

I didn't really think of Texas as a tornado place. I remember the whole siren thing and hanging out in the basement until it was over when I was little and lived in CO. I think it was more exciting for me as a kid than scary like it was for my mom! Glad it missed you!

Missy said...

Glad you were missed. Scares me to think you didn't know it was a tornado at first. Piece of advice for SA. Anytime it rains, check the radio or news. You guys may want to invest in a weather radio also. Miss you!