Saturday, May 14, 2011

Summers Family Reunion at Bear Lake!...

We had such a blast Mother's Day weekend with the mostest awesomest Mother/Mother-in-Law ever!!!

We started out the weekend at Amanda's (Andy's sister) house! It has been almost 3 years since we've seen Amanda and her family. Rachel and Erick (Chubba) had no problems rekindling their friendship!
I guess I need to get Rachel some little legos, she sat and played with them forever!
And Andy found his new best friend... well, more like Kevin found his new best friend!
***
Friday afternoon, we headed out to the lake. Amber found this really awesome house to rent that was right near the lake (to bad it was to cold to get in) and it was AWESOME! I am going to give you a little tour of it:
The view when you walk through the front door...
And looking back and the front door...
The rest will just be random throughout the post... I don't want to sort them! 
There was an AWESOME theater room in the basement!
And that was the first thing the kids did when we got there...
And of course... we ATE!!! Anthony & Vinette made yummy potato salad, hamburgers, hot dogs, and a corn bread dish that Anthony said was NOT corn bread, but he didn't tell me the name of it!
This is the upstairs living room! I LOVED this couch... I would go back to leather if my couch was like this one! It even had a hide-a-bed! I was standing by all the tables when I took this picture... It's my FAVORITE set up for a kitchen and living room! I love all the openness!
There were arcade games in the garage... That is Matt, Erick, Rebecca & Amber!...
And the most AMAZING laundry room ever... There was so much space and the washer and dryer were to dye for!

All the kids had so much fun playing... and surprisingly all the babies got along!!!
Jaycee and Rebecca were too cute together!
And of course Rachel wanted in on the camera action!
Kissin' cousins!
This is the room that my girls (and Grandma Jan) slept in! Rachel loved the kitty beds... she was really sad that daddy wouldn't let her sleep on the top... maybe next year!
And Miss Vanna White showing off the bathroom we used! It was the perfect set up!
And this is the bedroom Andy and I stayed in... yep, it was the last time that bed was made all weekend!
This is the hallway that the 2 rooms and the bathroom we used were in. I liked it a lot. Our door was on the left of me and then the bathroom and the other bedroom. The door on the right opened into the living room. I liked that because I could put Rebecca to bed and we didn't have to worry about being too loud because there was another door between us and her!
Aunt Vinette and Uncle Andy playing with the kids...
And here we are eating AGAIN!... We had WAY TOO MUCH FOOD for one weekend... so nobody went hungry!
Aunt Suzie and Uncle Rick (Mom's brother) came up for one night to visit us since they only live 2 hours away from the lake! It was fun to see them again too... It had been almost 3 years since we saw them too!
Oh look... MORE FOOD... only this was the next morning at breakfast!
Kevin was so stinkin' cute!
Rebecca found the swing!
And Erick found the fort!
Hi Mom! She thought it was funny that I was taking a picture of her from the balcony!
Andy was saving my seat while I grabbed the camera!
And my FAVORITE Sister-in-law-in-law Vinette... oh, and Anthony! LOL!!!
Amber & Kevin chillin'...
Matt... he had surgery on his spine a few weeks ago... no fun!
Still playing on the swing set!
They had the coolest teeter-totter ever! The kids LOVED it!
Rebecca even liked to share with Erick!
Andy was so smart and moved it to the grass so they wouldn't get hurt if they fell off...
And somehow Erick and Rachel convinced Grandma Jan to teeter-totter with them!
What cute cousins!
There was a hot tub too so Andy was in HEAVEN!!!...
See... there he is!
This was too cute... Rebecca had pooped her diaper and she wanted it off so she started stripping... luckily she didn't pull the diaper off too!
Rachel even got to sit in the hot tub with her daddy!
And so did Erick!
They had so much fun...
Then Aunt Amber let them soak in the Jet tub with BUBBLES...
This is the closet in the Master bedroom... I think it's bigger than my bedroom is!
The bubbles are growing...
I am in love with this bathroom... ok, the whole house, but especially this bathroom! So this is the sink set up... and the back of the bathroom door!
And the GIANT marble shower... with TWO showerheads!
MORE bubbles...
They just kept growing...
And the kids LOVED it!!!!
Even when it was on their face!
Look at all those BUBBLES!
And Erick the BUBBLE MONSTER!!!
And Rachel the BUBBLE PRINCESS!!!
Kevin wasn't so sure what to think about all the bubbles...
There was just so many of them... I guess that's what happens when you put half the bottle of shampoo in the bath and turn on the jets!!!
This is the cieling in the master bedroom! It was so cool... there was track lighting in the top part so it looked really cool when it was dark!
And this is the living room ceiling. It had the track lighting too... I am going to have ceilings like this some day!

Well, that is all the pictures I took... I'm not sure why I didn't take any down stairs other than the theater room. The house also had 3 more rooms, a living room, a workout room, 2 bathrooms, and another small kitchen down stairs!

We had so much fun just hanging out, playing games, and watching movies! I LOVE my in-laws! Thanks for all the FUN!!! I can't wait til next time!

2 comments:

Andy and Michele said...

Wow, what a spectacular house!! How fun is that?! That's what my fam does when we get together - eat, eat & eat! :) Love it! What a cool reunion. Don't you just love Vinette? She's my vt and I just think she's wonderful!

Regan said...

That looks like so much fun!