On October 11th, I started training to run a 5K!
My friend Regan was doing this couch to 5K program that told you when to walk and when to run. Her's was a nine week program that gradually added time to your running.
The app that I downloaded for the iPhone is this one:
It is only an 8 week program! I love that you can turn on your iPod, then go into this app and it runs the clock and tells you when to run and when to walk! It always starts with a 5 minute warm up walk and ends with a 5 minute cool down.
I have always dreamed of running, but even in Jr. High and High School, I could do it... well, I guess I just didn't have the will power and determination to do it. Some things just come with age, because I AM DETERMINED that I will RUN a 5K... even IF Regan's husband says we are just JOGGING!
I will end the program on December 3rd. There is a Run Rudolph Run thing some time in December, so I will run that! I wish I had started sooner so I could do the Turkey Trot 5K that is on November 19th. Oh well, I will still be able to say that I ran a 5K before I turned 28!
After I finish this program, I am going to work on getting my time faster... then I will move on to the 10K program! Wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment